BBQ Brethren "Throwdown"...Week 5...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Are you ready for a "Pron Throwdown"...?
This weeks challenge is..."Breads"...:razz:

Here are the rules...(in case you forgot)...

1) It has to be "Breads"...duh! :roll:
2) It has to be grilled or smoked...(comp cooked meats are ok too).
3) It has to be cooked during the current "throwdown" week...(Monday-Sunday)
4) All pics or descriptions (if you don't have a digital camera) must be submitted by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday.
5) 3 pics per entry please...

The voting will begin on Monday evening after 7:00 PM...or whenever I (or anyone else) get around to posting the "vote" thread!

Good Luck...and have fun! :biggrin:

Week 1..."Beef"...
Week 2..."Pork"...
Week 3..."Chicken"...
Week 4..."Seafood"...
Week 5..."Breads"...
Week 6..."Desserts"...
Week 7..."Veggies"...

JD.....Can we clarify the definition of bread for this particular event?

Anything with flour, water, yeast, and salt...BREAD! Bread Pudding. Pizza, Artesan Breads, Dinner Rolls, Sticky Buns...the sky's the limit...Pigs in a Blanket...etc...etc. Just have fun with it! :p

2) It has to be grilled or smoked...(comp cooked meats are ok too). Update needed :)

Yep if you cooked it in a comp (side dish) it's ALL good! :p

I've been doing lots of breads... This was yesterday... And I'll be doing a variety for this week...

(not my entry)
2798062051_afd790cc2c.jpg

Here's my entry, I don't get to cook too often nowdays...we had this for dessert tonite...CINNAMON ROLLS W/ ORANGE GLAZE...yummy for the tummy!!!
DISCLAIMER: MY CAMERA SUCKS, FLASH DOESN'T WORK, P&R RCS, CAN YOUR WIFE COME AND TAKE MY PICS? RICK? CURT? ANYONE??? LOL!:p

Attachments

• DSCN04560006.JPG
    DSCN04560006.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 514
  • DSCN04570007.JPG
    DSCN04570007.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by River City Smokehouse

Anything with flour, water, yeast, and salt...BREAD! Bread Pudding. Pizza, Artesan Breads, Dinner Rolls, Sticky Buns...the sky's the limit...Pigs in a Blanket...etc...etc. Just have fun with it! :razz:

Aw right. I'll make a paper mache chicken and cook it on the Egg. I did pretty good with chicken....

Quote:
Originally Posted by River City Smokehouse

Anything with flour, water, yeast, and salt...BREAD! Bread Pudding. Pizza, Artesan Breads, Dinner Rolls, Sticky Buns...the sky's the limit...Pigs in a Blanket...etc...etc. Just have fun with it! :razz:

Aw right. I'll make a paper mache chicken and cook it on the Egg. I did pretty good with chicken....

:lol::lol::lol:...that reminds me of the tubs of paste I used in grade school. :biggrin: I think I ate most of it! :lol:

Anything with flour, water, yeast, and salt...BREAD! Bread Pudding. Pizza, Artesan Breads, Dinner Rolls, Sticky Buns...the sky's the limit...Pigs in a Blanket...etc...etc. Just have fun with it! :p

Yep if you cooked it in a comp (side dish) it's ALL good! :p
So puff pastry is out? no yeast?:confused: AM i THINKIN TOO HARD???

Here's my entry, I don't get to cook too often nowdays...we had this for dessert tonite...CINNAMON ROLLS W/ ORANGE GLAZE...yummy for the tummy!!!
DISCLAIMER: MY CAMERA SUCKS, FLASH DOESN'T WORK, P&R RCS, CAN YOUR WIFE COME AND TAKE MY PICS? RICK? CURT? ANYONE??? LOL!:p
Kim will take the pic on location only and I have to be present to hold stuff. Please send two round trip airline tickets to me....you have my address already.:mrgreen:

Kim will take the pic on location only and I have to be present to hold stuff. Please send two round trip airline tickets to me....you have my address already.:mrgreen:

LOL!! I like how you/her thinks!!
Cook some kind of meat this weekend for me!:p

Did we institute that rule about having to take your own photos yet??? And, if you're married, you have to prove it by having your wife in the photos??????? :)

would wheat toast be ok?

baconeggswheattoast-010.jpg

*not my entry* :biggrin:

I decided to get in on some of this action. Here is my entry.

Jalapeno & Cheddar Corn Bread

First I put a little bacon grease in each section of my pan. Then I sliced jalapenos and fried them in the bacon grease as the pan heated up. Next I poured my corm meal batter with cheddar chunks in for the cook.

100_0585.jpg

The end result was great.

I wish you could taste, I would be sure to win then.

100_0591.jpg

Back