The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements and news (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BBQ Brethren t-shirt goes round the world (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159921)

WannaBeBBQueen 05-01-2013 10:36 AM

BBQ Brethren t-shirt goes round the world

Phil being presented the shirt
The final leg of our oddesy.

Dear Phil,

It all started during the auction for Carmella...

I doubt if you remember, but there was a bidding war between Rookie’48 and me for 5 BBQ Brethren tee shirts. You hooked us both up with shirts.

When I got the shirts an idea came to me that it would be cool to get as many of Brethren to sign one as we could, so I reached out to the Mods in October 2008 to see if they were on board, and not surprisingly, they were.

I started sending out PMs to get the ball rolling, and apparently got reported to you by folks thinking I was spamming them. The Mods came to my defense and let you know they were keeping an eye out for me. Thanks guys!!

The response from the Brethern and Sistern to this caper was great. This shirt has been mailed all over the country, to bashes, comps, and even out to Hawaii. In some cases it was the reason brethren got together. A lot of people have worked locally to get folks in their area together to sign. Thanks everyone!

I thought we lost this shirt in the mail more than once, but it always turned up. I originally thought we could get this done by Christmas, then maybe one of the comps in NY…. Of course, we never said Christmas of what year.

So here we are, 4 and a half years later this shirt has come to its final stop.

It’s not much, but just a way for us to say Thank You, for all you do to keep the site going.

Lynn-Michele aka LMAJ

Meat Burner 05-01-2013 11:25 AM

That was way cool. It's been so long since it was at my house it's hard to remember. I have a photo of it somewhere. Thank you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Countryhb 05-01-2013 11:41 AM

Woo hoo! That is one well-traveled shirt. Was it really 4 1/2 years ago???

WannaBeBBQueen 05-01-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meat Burner (Post 2466656)
That was way cool. It's been so long since it was at my house it's hard to remember. I have a photo of it somewhere. Thank you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey can you post the photo? That would be great.

LMAJ 05-01-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countryhb (Post 2466686)
Woo hoo! That is one well-traveled shirt. Was it really 4 1/2 years ago???

Yep. Long time coming.

Stoke&Smoke 05-01-2013 12:01 PM

I think I signed that thing twice. Wilkat brought it to my house one day, and then the next year Coz passed it to me. Couldn't find the original sig, so signed again! That thing is probably worn out without ever having been worn!

Ron_L 05-01-2013 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Phil has sleeves! :-D

Thanks for the video!

When it opened in YouTube I chuckled at the first suggested video in the list. Check out the screen shot below.

bbqbull 05-01-2013 12:24 PM

I am fine with it being here!

spicewine 05-01-2013 12:25 PM

You'll never guess who drew the arms for the "Reach Around" :rolleyes:

Big George's BBQ 05-01-2013 12:46 PM

Very nice Thanks Lynn and Thanks Julie for the Video

LMAJ 05-01-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicewine (Post 2466741)
You'll never guess who drew the arms for the "Reach Around" :rolleyes:

And how drunk were you when you did it??? :wink:

Bill-Chicago 05-01-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron_L (Post 2466714)
When it opened in YouTube I chuckled at the first suggested video in the list. Check out the screen shot below.

Um, Ron.

When it opened for me, the first result in yellow was tailored to my recent search patterns.

So, what the hell you been searching?

Ron_L 05-01-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willkat98 (Post 2466776)
Um, Ron.

When it opened for me, the first result in yellow was tailored to my recent search patterns.

So, what the hell you been searching?

Phil's columns, of course.

Brauma 05-01-2013 01:35 PM

Pretty cool. If pics could be posted of the shirt in its final version, that would be great!! I haven't seen it in a few years myself.

Congrats Phil. We love ya, baby!

Neil 05-01-2013 02:57 PM

Great job LMAJ!! :thumb: :clap: :clap: I was expecting Phil to go down to one knee when I saw him in that jersey. :biggrin: