Brew and Q (heavy pron)

monty3777

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I had a busy morning. I cooked some meat up for a church fundraiser and helped a friend learn how to do an all-grain brew. Here are some pics:

DSC01405.jpg

This is Ray learning the tricks of the trade:

DSC01407.jpg

DSC01408.jpg

DSC01409.jpg

Not the cleanest cuts in the world (you can see the knife marks!) but it works for Lutherans!

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01412.jpg

Looks good, the knife marks show it was done with a passion for Q 8).

BTW, I bought a cheap A$$ Ronco knife and fork set from Big Lots and cost me somehwhere aroung $5-7, one clean slice and you can slice thin, just beware, it is flimsy and can take a finger off, but it does work well for a cut of meat longer than my chef knife can do in one swipe. It will take a hunk of thumb if you are not careful.

So, I'm not a man of the brew trade and I'm curious of the drain and add. Can you fill me in?

So, I'm not a man of the brew trade and I'm curious of the drain and add. Can you fill me in?

That's called sparging. It is basically a rinse of all the grains so that I extract all the sugars that I can.

looking tasty ! Gotta ask, as someone who knows zippy about making brew, is there a decent site to learn the basic's? Ive tried that home brew kit you can get at Bed Bath and Beyond and it was so so, any advice?

What type of beer is that? Ale or lager? Try moreflavor.com they have some great information and lots of kits in different beer style to suit any taste.

looking tasty ! Gotta ask, as someone who knows zippy about making brew, is there a decent site to learn the basic's? Ive tried that home brew kit you can get at Bed Bath and Beyond and it was so so, any advice?

This is the BBQ Brethren of beer forums. http://www.homebrewtalk.com/

You may also want checkout Midwest Brewing Supplies. They will send you a free how to DVD with any purchase. The production is crappy but it will teach you what you need to know! PM me if you ever have questions.

Awesome man..!!! I'm a homebrewer too...

homebrewtalk is a great forum, too...!!!

Wonderful! And yes, we Lutherans will, in fact, eat anything!

Never looked to the forums for my homebrewing fix, glad I saw this and will be frequenting homebrewtalk! I've just been brewing and BBQing and know what the BBQ forums have done to progress my skills, I'm sure the homebrew sites will also.

great looking brisket, and it sounds like you really know what you are doing with that Ale too.
now i am hungry AND thirsty!

Thanks for the info on the brewing website! Def gonna swing by and check it out after I get home.

Back