Texas Test Kitchen Pork Butt

AustinKnight

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
D
This is a boneless 8# butt I did Friday I started it at 1pm Friday afternoon at 300*to 400 grate temp with the guru on the akorn. Simple s&p was used on this subject no injection, starting off fat side down for 2h then flipped fat side up for 2h, I wrapped with butcher paper after 4h in smoke and returned it to the smoker fat side down. Another 2h 15m in the BP wrap finishing it off at 350* temp and it was probe tender, after 6h 15m it was done sorry there is no temp taken with this test subject. Once it was done I pulled it off the smoker and rested it in a cambro with the door cracked never sealed for 1h 30m or until internal temp is 150*. This is what the end result looked like THx for looking brethren.

2h in smoke I used WG lump good stuff to:thumb:
1-2.jpg

4h ready to wrap and go back on.
2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

After 2h 15m pulling and resting time.
4-2.jpg

After 1h 30m rest in the cambro and still wrapped.
5-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

8.2.jpg

9-2.jpg

10-2.jpg

13-2.jpg

14-2.jpg

15-2.jpg

16-2.jpg

17-2.jpg

18-2.jpg

20-2.jpg

21-2.jpg

Looks awesome. I was excited to see HEB has King Hawaiian rolls now..got some original the other day for a pulled pork I smoked...Legit!

Where can a gentleman acquire this pink butcher paper? I want to try it vs heavyduty foil.

Looks outstanding! I'm cooking some on Sunday and hoping for your kind of result in 7 hours, this is a great confidence builder.

PS: King's Hawaiian routinely available in the SE at Publix. Their bakery also does some fine fresh Cuban 6" sub rolls.

Looks awesome. I was excited to see HEB has King Hawaiian rolls now..got some original the other day for a pulled pork I smoked...Legit!

Where can a gentleman acquire this pink butcher paper? I want to try it vs heavyduty foil.

Hawaiian rolls, respect:cool:

Logo.gif

Head north on I-35 towards E Braker Ln, address is 11101 Bluff Bend Dr. Austin, Tx 78753. You'll see a loading dock an a tented glass door building, walk through that door tell the lady behind the counter you want a roll of pink butcher paper and you don't have a business give her 27 bucks wait for someone to come with it (about 5 min), walk out the office clicking your heels in joy:wink:

Product: OII-BPK18-10 18" PINK BUTCHER PAPER 1000"

Head north on I-35 towards E Braker Ln, address is 11101 Bluff Bend Dr. Austin, Tx 78753. You'll see a loading dock an a tented glass door building, walk through that door tell the lady behind the counter you want a roll of pink butcher paper and you don't have a business give her 27 bucks wait for someone to come with it (about 5 min), walk out the office clicking your heels in joy:wink:

Product: OII-BPK18-10 18" PINK BUTCHER PAPER 1000"

Sweet. Do I have to slip the cash over the table of the seated Italian guy wearing a jump suit holding the bat...or under:p

Thanks. Will swing by Friday. You making it out to cedar park on the 23rd? It's down the street from me, so have to swing by.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Back