• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pig shots and 4 guards

ardorx

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So I was planning to do "family meal" at the restaurant this weekend and it just didn't work out. These shots were supposed to be part of the grub and ended up riding home with me instead. Figured I'd go ahead and cook'em up tonight with a few sausages "guarding" over them. They didn't hold up to well in the fridge and fell all to pieces...they'll still eat though :biggrin1:

Cook in progress with whatever was left in the bottom for fuel and a nice chunk O cherry for smoke...I'll post finished pics later.

Last edited:
Finished up, man these things are like candy! I always ask myself why the heck I'm going through all this trouble...til I eat one..there are 2 skewers missing already and 1 1/2 of the "guards" are gone...

Steaks are going on next (wife ran to the store earlier:-D )

Last edited:
Finished up, man these things are like candy! I always ask myself why the heck I'm going through all this trouble...til I eat one..there are 2 skewers missing already and 1 1/2 of the "guards" are gone...

Looks tasty...what are they?

They look delicious and yes that's why you go through with it.. Great job!!:thumb:

These look great, what are they?

Everything looks great, and those steaks are making me want to get some cast iron grates for my egg for sure. :thumb:

Everything looks great, and those steaks are making me want to get some cast iron grates for my egg for sure. :thumb:

They are basically bulletproof. I love'em. Once they are seasoned nothing sticks to them. Great investment.

Looks tasty...what are they?

These look great, what are they?

The sausage is just a 3lb bulk from Sam's Club, the brand escapes me but it is made not far from here in Mississippi.

The "Pig Shots" were pretty low key. Some of the above sausage cut into 1/2' rounds wrapped with Sugardale Applewood Bacon and "stuffed" with a mixture of cream cheese/a little sharp cheddar/eyeballs worth of Yardbird. Topped them off with that and hit them with a little brown sugar. Smoked them @ ~ 290 til crispy bacon ~ 1 1/2 hours. Used left over Royal oak lump with a 1/2 chimney's worth of Kingsford Comp Briq's and a chunk of Cherry wood.

Those Ribeyes look awesome! Nice grill marks, looks like you had that kamado cranked up. :thumb:

They were pretty tasty. I just used "BBQ Chef Seasoning" made by Mclintocks (my in-laws are from Cali and are addicted to the stuff, they order it by the case.) Just cranked up the fire from finishing off the shots, it got up to around 550-600 according to the "reliable" pit thermometer.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments!

I hope your guards are following their general orders. I think they may have broken #5

1. Take charge of this post and all government property in view.

2. Walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.

3. Report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.

4. To repeat all calls [from posts]more distant from the guardhouse than my own.

5. Quit my post only when properly relieved.

6. To receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Officer of the Day, Officers, and Non-Commissioned Officers of the guard only.

7. Talk to no one except in the line of duty.

8. Give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.

9. To call the Corporal of the Guard in any case not covered by instructions.

10. Salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.

11. Be especially watchful at night and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority

Ha! I know what you mean. I always think the same thing when I am prepping jalapenos. "Is this really worth all the effort?"

Then I eat one - and know why I went to all the trouble! :-D

Back