The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   looking for a good rub (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112905)

soapy_junk 08-03-2011 01:58 PM

looking for a good rub

i am looking for a good rub.. either home made or purchased doesn't matter to me.. although home made would be cool..

i plan to use it mostly on pork butts and brisket.. was hoping to use it for both

PatAttack 08-03-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapy_junk (Post 1736375)
i am looking for a good rub.. either home made or purchased doesn't matter to me.. although home made would be cool..

i plan to use it mostly on pork butts and brisket.. was hoping to use it for both

I just got my order from Simply Marvelous yesterday and can't wait to try them out! Also got a shaker of Plowboy's Yardbird Rub. Forgot to get the Sweet Seduction from SM, though.:roll: Will be getting some very soon!

Everyone has great things to say about SM's Rubs!

Thanks again for the quick shipping and looking out for a fellow Brethren, Steph!!:thumb:

nexpress 08-03-2011 02:17 PM

Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub is awesome. Goes good on anything.

Pappy 08-03-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nexpress (Post 1736392)
Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub is awesome. Goes good on anything.

I've got to get me some of that. ^

fat_bastard 08-03-2011 02:57 PM

I use Chef Paul's Honey BBQ rub for pork and turkey. Haven't tried it for beef yet. I like beef to be more salty than sweet.

1FUNVET 08-03-2011 03:34 PM

Use the Google search at the bottom of the page.Enter foil hat rub.Awesome recipe for a home made rub from bigabyte :thumb::thumb:

deguerre 08-03-2011 03:37 PM

Foil_Hat_Rub

^ Just click.:becky:

mrfusion 08-03-2011 06:45 PM

I just got some of the Yardbird rub and used it last night. Big thumbs up from the whole family.

captndan 08-04-2011 07:37 AM

I make my own never have bought any. It's a modified K.C style that I use to make ENC pulled pork. I have been told I make the best PP in Eastern Tennessee. I'll be glad to share the recipe.

chomper's bbq 08-04-2011 08:33 AM

I'd love to try your rub recipe please forward it. Thanks in advance

tony69 08-04-2011 09:27 AM

"looking for a good rub" Aren't we all?? :laugh: I tend to make my own as well. Kind of a mixture of onion salt, garlic powder & some minced, cinnamon, kosher salt, paprika, oregano, curry, cayenne, cumin, a bit of lowry's type seasoning & for extra heat I sometimes use something called "Slap yo Momma" a cajun-based hot as hell seasoning. Just my $.02 Also some sugar. I'm sure I could have missed something, but I'm just going off the top of my head. I kinda just start mixing stuff together & see what it tastes like. Funny how some of them taste so much better after a few beers!!

Pappy 08-04-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captndan (Post 1737085)
I make my own never have bought any. It's a modified K.C style that I use to make ENC pulled pork. I have been told I make the best PP in Eastern Tennessee. I'll be glad to share the recipe.

I would like to have the best PP in Eastern Tennessee recipe.
Please share.

jsperk 08-04-2011 08:26 PM

I recently tried Todds dirt. That will be one I keep on hand along with Texas bbq rubs. I have to try The Rub co. and Simply Marvelous yet.

GaryHouse 08-04-2011 08:36 PM

Oakridge BBQ has IMHO some mighty fine rubs. They also offer sampler packs for a penny!

~ ONE PENNY SAMPLE 5-PACK ~

1 Penny Ultimate Combo Sample Pack - Includes All 5 Rub Varieties! That's over 7 Ounces of Rub for one penny! (plus $3.74 for shipping) - $3.75

www.oakridgebbq.com

Gary House
www.Cooking-Outdoors.com

Tom Dean 08-04-2011 08:43 PM

I use all dried green spices, thyme, oregano, basil, marjoram, sage, ...
in equal quantities plus salt and pepper to taste.

I have a mini-blender used only for dry things. Blend until medium to fine.

I ordered a sampler pack from Dizzy Pig - so far nothing I don't want more of.