• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "Shish-Kebab" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Shish-Kebabs!"[/size]
DSC06699JPGajpgaa.jpg

Winning photo from the 2009 Week 15 BBQ Brethren "Kabob" Throwdown by thirdeye

...as chosen by Cracklin Jeorge, the winner of the Surf and Turf Throwdown!

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

1. The dish must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.
2. Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 3/5 - 3/14 ).
3. All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on the night of 3/14.
4. Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5. If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.
6. By posting your photos, you are granting consent for your photo to be reused for other BBQ Brethren Throwdown related postings or materials.
7. Any joke photos, or photos of past creations you wish to show off must have a disclaimer stating that the photo is not intended to be included in the Vote thread.
8. Only the image from the original post by the person entering the dish will be used in the Vote thread. Any further postings of the same photo by the same person, or by others will not be used.

The voting will begin Monday 3/15 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 3/19. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Curry Throwdown until Sunday night 3/7 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Pork Chop Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Kebabs.jpg

Pineapple-Pork Mandarin Kebabs.

Always looking for different ways to use up St Louis spare trims so I de-boned and cleaned 2 Ribs worth, cut into squares and skewered folded over. Marinated in Sesame Ginger Soy for 3 hours and cooked 350 direct on firewire skewers.

Submitted for your review. Gotta work on the photography.

Mike D

Oh this is too bad. I have a basting sauce that is out of this world. I mean it... but this is a picture show. There will be some GREAT looking entries in here I bet.

Such saddness that I cannot compete. In fact, I think I am gonna do this for the family this weekend.. make the sauce that is.

Oh this is too bad. I have a basting sauce that is out of this world. I mean it... but this is a picture show. There will be some GREAT looking entries in here I bet.

Such saddness that I cannot compete. In fact, I think I am gonna do this for the family this weekend.. make the sauce that is.
Make a funky video on how to prepare it, then post some stills.:biggrin: Heck, nothing wrong with joining the Zero's Club if it turns out awful, we could all use the company.

Meal on a stick, simple and quick.

I stabbed some chunks of filet-o-beef, sea scallops, shrimp and assorted veggies today and headed out into the sunshine.
Grilling.jpg

Grilling2.jpg

Add a little Dirty Rice and voila!
KabobsPlate.jpg

Here are the kebabs that I made for tonight's dinner.

Fresh bratwurst + Vidalia Onions + green, yellow, orange and red bell peppers and a little olive oil and Yardbird rub = Bratwurst Kebabs. I grilled them in Eggbert until the brat pieces were done and the veggies were soft.

P6150093.JPG

P6150096.JPG

P6150098.JPG

P6150101.JPG

P6150104.JPG

Use this picture (unless i change my mind later :-D)

P6150105.JPG

P6150106.JPG

Here are the kebabs that I made for tonight's dinner.

Fresh bratwurst + Vidalia Onions + green, yellow, orange and red bell peppers and a little olive oil and Yardbird rub = Bratwurst Kebabs. I grilled them in Eggbert until the brat pieces were done and the veggies were soft.

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dang Ronelle! You're killing me here! All those need is mustard and a bun.

Made half with chicken, squash, tomatoes, and onion. Glazed with our trade sauce from indianagriller. Made others with filet, mushrooms, onion, and red bell pepper. Dusted with bacon salt and pepper.

Last edited:
I love the grill shot, but I'm gonna have to pick #2 because it looks more delicious.

I love the grill shot, but I'm gonna have to pick #2 because it looks more delicious.

Is Rick tempting fate again? Is Chris second-guessing himself? Tune in next week for another exciting voting episode of "BBQ Throwdown."

I love the grill shot too, but I think the plate shot looks just that much more tasty!

Back