Selling grease.

C

Car Wash Mike

How much are you guys getting for your grease off your smokers? Used frying oil to.
TIA

You tellin' us we can actually sell this stuff? Do tell brother smoker...:becky:

HEY I saw a guy in California running his truck on spent coffee grounds

Getting back on topic - theres a few youtube video's about guys who collect it and turn it into fuel

Yep, they use used frying and cooking oils to make bio-diesel. I doubt however that you will be able to get very much for it as it is too much animal fat. The preferred grease/oil is vegetable oil from fryers, however you can check with your local tallow and they will buy it. Some places will require a minimum amount to come and get it but you can always take it to them and sell it, I would call first and get their price per pound to see if it would even be worthwhile.

You tellin' us we can actually sell this stuff? Do tell brother smoker...:becky:

"Darling" out of Kansas City buys it here. Only 7-9 cents a lb, but it is not going in your dumpster or down your drain. Might help some of you larger operators.

I live within an hour or so of a large Mennonite community; I wonder if they would have a need for it?

I keep mine in a 55 gallon drum that is owned by the local tallow works. They come and pick it up and give me an empty barrel once a month. They do not buy it ----but I do not have to deal with it. Look for a local rendering plant--maybe it can be sold.

Back