Pork Butchery,, A Visual. An Awesome Visual.

leanza

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I'm excited about the quality of this video entitled,
On The Anatomy Of Thrift: Side Butchery.

It is the best I've ever ran across and appeals to the sensibilities of the BBQ Brethren.

It details, exquisitely, the butchering process of one side of pork into the cuts we all use and enjoy and provides a little history lesson as well. Be patient with the history lesson as it provides a valuable perspective.

With that, I provide a link to the video and web page of the author. This video is well worth your time.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/32367993"]On The Anatomy Of Thrift: Side Butchery on Vimeo[/ame]

Super cool. I've got a couple hogs gonna be ready around thanksgiving and I'm thinking I'll do one myself. These kind of vids just give me hope I can do it justice!

Great video and well made film as well.

Thanks for turning us on to this incredible video. The camerawork, the palate, the narrative, the music, the story, brilliant.

Many thanks !

It's like a roadmap to the whole hog.

Quite a different perspective than the small puzzle pieces in the supermarket.

Thoughtful presentation and approach, wouldn't you say?

Last edited:
Excellent video, I really enjoyed it. When I retire I would love to do some butcher work. Today I made tri-tip and but really wish I would have made a pork shoulder :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

that was great! Got me thinking wether I should try one of my hogs myself.

I absolutely loved this video. The reverence with which he cuts the meat, the story he tells, the respect shown for the miracle of giving life from death, all just blew me away. Loved seeing from where each of the cuts comes. I'm so fascinated with the whole process. Thanks for sharing this! :thumb:

Bump..
.For some reason I thought more folks would want to see this....Sorrry if I'm out of line.

There are two other videos in the series which some of you may enjoy as well. I know that I did.

Part 3 - [ame="http://vimeo.com/47809670"]On The Anatomy Of Thrift: Fat & Salt on Vimeo[/ame]

I took out part 2. It is pretty graphic... if you want to watch you can find it on Vimeo. Sorry if anyone watched and wasn't ready for it... :/

Last edited:
I think this is one of those things that can freak some folks out. I think it is a great video. I feel that everyone who eats meat should confront the fact that it was a living animal and should understand where it comes from and what it took to get to you.

Back