The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The United States of Bacon (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152155)

Callahan-que 01-22-2013 11:55 PM

The United States of Bacon

The United States of Bacon on Destination America. Anyone watch this?

landarc 01-23-2013 12:04 AM

I have. Of course, I was on one of the episodes briefly when they visited Phat Matt's BBQ in Oakland.

Callahan-que 01-23-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 2338667)
I have. Of course, I was on one of the episodes briefly when they visited Phat Matt's BBQ in Oakland.

That's great! I just caught about half an episode tonight while channel surfing, never seen it before.

landarc 01-23-2013 12:24 AM

They do a lot of stuff about bacon. It was interesting to see how it was shot, far more broken up and contrived than I would have expected. I have to say, the episode at Matt's, they focused on the right dish and it was as good as he made it out to be.

Jaskew82 01-23-2013 07:49 AM

I watch it when i can't find anything else to watch. The host is just a slight bit disturbing to me. I find it particularly odd when a morbidly obese man of practically c*mming in his pants over food, especially very unhealthy foods.

Flame on... :mad2:

Deep South 01-23-2013 07:53 AM

Yes, I watch it but the host gets on my nerves.

I expect the season to end with him gripping his heart and falling onto a very large flat top.

pike51 01-23-2013 07:58 AM

They also had "United Steats of Steak" on last night. These shows are interesting but you do expect the host to have a heart attack at any time. Like Man V Food. Did anyone notice how much weight Adam gained from Episode 1 to the end of season 3? And accoridng to a story about the show, he worked out hard every morning and had a trainer who travelled with him. I have seen Adam on TV since the show ended and he has lost some weight and looks much better.

Jaskew82 01-23-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pike51 (Post 2338784)
They also had "United Steats of Steak" on last night. These shows are interesting but you do expect the host to have a heart attack at any time. Like Man V Food. Did anyone notice how much weight Adam gained from Episode 1 to the end of season 3? And accoridng to a story about the show, he worked out hard every morning and had a trainer who travelled with him. I have seen Adam on TV since the show ended and he has lost some weight and looks much better.

I expect that is why Adam stopped doing the challanges and now goes around and has other people doing them. He has lost a ton of weight since he stopped. He must have gained 50+ lbs during those 3 seasons.

Pappy 01-23-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaskew82 (Post 2338773)
I watch it when i can't find anything else to watch. The host is just a slight bit disturbing to me. I find it particularly odd when a morbidly obese man of practically c*mming in his pants over food, especially very unhealthy foods.

Flame on... :mad2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep South (Post 2338778)

I expect the season to end with him gripping his heart and falling onto a very large flat top.

I agree, watching the show with this guy hosting, once was enough for me.

TIMMAY 01-23-2013 09:07 AM

Yea the guy just ruins it for me. It takes away from the epicness of some of the stuff he is eating, cause some of it is crazy!!

THEdexaTRON 01-23-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pappy (Post 2338838)
I agree, watching the show with this guy hosting, once was enough for me.

Same here, not a fan of the guy

pike51 01-23-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaskew82 (Post 2338794)
I expect that is why Adam stopped doing the challanges and now goes around and has other people doing them. He has lost a ton of weight since he stopped. He must have gained 50+ lbs during those 3 seasons.

Actually, that was the last season. There is no more MvF. What you see now are all reruns. Adam does have a new show though.

HookedOnQ 01-23-2013 11:46 AM

+1 on the host. i do watch it when theres nothing else on tho

thirtydaZe 01-23-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep South (Post 2338778)

this exactly. i don't know the dude, but i can't stand the dude. that comercial for the show where he yells "bacoooooooooooon" drive me absolute nuts.

Smoothsmoke 01-23-2013 12:25 PM

On one of the episodes their was a so called "millionaires bacon" The owner of the restaurant claimed it took him months of trial and error to invent it. Turned out to be pig candy. :roll: