The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Rib Cookbook - NEED RECIPES (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153380)

King 02-08-2013 09:27 AM

Rib Cookbook - NEED RECIPES

Just had a conversation with a NYC publisher about authoring a Rib cookbook. They want 200 rib recipes!!! I'm looking for pitmasters who want to contribute to this project...if you're interested, message me!

Arthur Aguirre

CarolinaQue 02-08-2013 10:00 AM

Interesting...when I was approached a few years ago about contributing to a Charbroil cook book, the publishing company trolled the BBQ forums and asked and e-mailed directly.

jonboy 02-08-2013 10:17 AM

Here is a good place to start, 75 recipes for 42 cents used.
jon

Bludawg 02-08-2013 10:42 AM

OK but if you use it you have to pay me. S&P Heat & Meat pass the bend test and eat.

Pole D 02-08-2013 10:54 AM

Self publish through amazon (digital) and create space (physical).

By the way recipes are not copyrighted.

cliffcarter 02-08-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pole D (Post 2359256)
Self publish through amazon (digital) and create space (physical).

By the way recipes are not copyrighted.

I believe that statement is incorrect.

King 02-08-2013 03:09 PM

These are going to all be original recipes. All styles, methods, flavors, types, etc of ribs are considered. That means oven or crockpot recipes will be considered.:becky:

As of a few hours ago, I was offered a contract. This means that I will be the author of the cookbook...this is exciting!

Please feel free to contact me if you want your rib recipe in the book. I will do everything I can to make sure you get recognized for it.

Thanks!

King 02-08-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bludawg (Post 2359243)
OK but if you use it you have to pay me. S&P Heat & Meat pass the bend test and eat.

Would you like to share the expenses too? :biggrin1:

I got a contract, but it's not moving the bank meter. I'm basically doing it for the glory.

Motley Q 02-08-2013 03:26 PM

Who is the publisher?

How much are you getting paid?

What's in it for us?

You are doing it for the glory? Publishing other peoples recipes? No glory there.

IamMadMan 02-08-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King (Post 2359622)
Would you like to share the expenses too? :biggrin1:

I got a contract, but it's not moving the bank meter. I'm basically doing it for the glory.

Count me out ......

MS2SB 02-08-2013 04:15 PM

This may be a callous question, but... If you signed a contract to produce a cookbook filled with rib recipes, shouldn't you already have enough recipes to fill a cookbook instead of crowdsourcing it?

CarolinaQue 02-08-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King (Post 2359617)
These are going to all be original recipes. All styles, methods, flavors, types, etc of ribs are considered. That means oven or crockpot recipes will be considered.:becky:

As of a few hours ago, I was offered a contract. This means that I will be the author of the cookbook...this is exciting!

Please feel free to contact me if you want your rib recipe in the book. I will do everything I can to make sure you get recognized for it.

Thanks!

Yeah...I'm confused:confused:

If you got a contract, and you're the author of the book...shouldn't you be the one writting and testing the recipes?

Also, if some one offers up a recipe, you should do a lot more than just try to make sure the person you get the recipe from get's recognized for their contribution.

Granted, I didn't get paid for my contrabution to Charbroil's book, but they had a write up about the person that contributed the recipe with each one in the book and each person received a free copy of the book.

Something just doesn't seem right here.

King 02-08-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motley Q (Post 2359631)
Who is the publisher?

How much are you getting paid?

What's in it for us?

You are doing it for the glory? Publishing other peoples recipes? No glory there.

That's ok dude, I don't think you're a good fit for this project.

CarolinaQue 02-08-2013 04:26 PM

I really think that before any one hands over a recipe, more should be known about how it all fits together in the book. Is the book a collaboration of recipes from around the country? If so, is it going to be framed like that in the book? Is it going to be marketed as "original" recipes from one source? Who is the publisher and what demograph are they trying to reach with the book? I think that these are all fair questions to ask considering so much is unkown.

King 02-08-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MS2SB (Post 2359701)
This may be a callous question, but... If you signed a contract to produce a cookbook filled with rib recipes, shouldn't you already have enough recipes to fill a cookbook instead of crowdsourcing it?

They came to me, I didn't call them. It's too good of an opportunity to pass up. Initially, I thought they were asking me to collaborate on a book and I figured to give the Brethren a opportunity, hence this thread. But that changed to me having responsibility coming up with the manuscript and components such as illustrations, photos, table of contents, index, etc.

This may not be worth anybody's while, but the offer is still stands. Thanks!