Big T'z Que - 5 comps and 2 GC's
Ribs 4 U - Greg RGC
Twyford BBQ and Catering The Rev 4th
Captain Ron's Brew-N-Que Ron L 5th
Boondogle - Bob and Don 9th

Full results at:
http://kcbs.us/events.php?id=1456

Merl

Lots of fun. I can't help but take some credit for Big T's success. We were really good neighbors, after all! Great meeting so many of you!

Big T's is on a roll. Congrats to all the brethren who walked.

Don't forget Paola Greg with the RGC! Congrats to Big T'z and Greg and everyone else who walked! This was a fun competition and despite all of the rain during the week the weather was great and the campground was in great shape!BTW, this was a huge brethren competition! I met so many Brethren and I know i won't remember them all!
Here are the top 10s...

Grand Champion:
Big T'Z Q Cru
Reserve Champion: Ribs-4-U

Overall:
1 Big T'Z Q Cru
2 Ribs-4-U

3 Dry 2 Da Bone
4 Twyford BBQ & Catering
5 Captain Ron's Brew-N-Que
6 Iowa's Smokey D's
7 Can't Quit Smokin'
8 Buffalo BBQ
9 Boondoggle BBQ
10 Boy's of BBQ and Patty

Chicken:
1 4 Mile Smokin' Crew
2 Iowa's Smokey D's
3 Twyford BBQ & Catering
4 A Boy and His BBQ
5 Duke's BBQ
6 Big T'Z Q Cru
7 Smokey D's Wannabees
8 Can't Quit Smokin'
9 Boy's of BBQ and Patty
10 Smok'n Buddies

Ribs:
1 Smokin Big Dawgs
2 We Like Big Butts BBQ
3 Iowa Outlaws BBQ
4 Pig Newton
5 Boondoggle BBQ
6 Big Mike's BBQ
7 Buffalo BBQ
8 Bare Bones BBQ Team
9 Holy and Oly's BBQ
10 Dry 2 Da Bone

Pork:
1 Smoke House 72
2 Captain Ron's Brew-N-Que
3 Ribs-4-U
4 Big T'Z Q Cru

5 Dirty Pig BBQ
6 Buster Dog BBQ
7 Dry 2 Da Bone
8 Boondoggle BBQ
9 Twin Oak Smokin Crew
10 Ponderosa BBQ

Brisket:
1 Captain Ron's Brew-N-Que
2 Andy's BBQ
3 Smokey D's Wannabees
4 Buffalo BBQ
5 Twyford BBQ & Catering
6 Boy's of BBQ and Patty
7 Boondoggle BBQ
8 Big T'Z Q Cru
9 Tippycanoe BBQ Crew

10 4 Mile Smokin' Crew

Last edited:
Congrats to all...it was a great weekend. Ryan you are on one hell of a roll, keep it going brother:eusa_clap

I did'nt get over and meet you this time Ron. I'll make an effort to come meet you at Waterloo. I think you had said you were going to that one.

It was a great feeling for us to finally get that monkey off our back. It you have all been follow you know that pork has been our down fall the past few years. I think we have it now.

Congrats to Ryan and Greg and to all that got calls.

I did'nt get over and meet you this time Ron. I'll make an effort to come meet you at Waterloo. I think you had said you were going to that one.

It was a great feeling for us to finally get that monkey off our back. It you have all been follow you know that pork has been our down fall the past few years. I think we have it now.

When I saw the results yesterday, I was really happy for you guys! Great job. Nothing stopping you now from getting that first GC. :-D

Congrats to all!
And top 6 places in pork go to Brethren, reminds me of Sedalia last weekend.

OMG, Ron L., you are really impressing me this year with your finishes.! Son, I think you have arrived! I wish you continued success!

Congrats on all the walks! Big T'z is on fire!! Great job to Ray & Jay (and the birthday boy) on the 1st in pork :eusa_clap It was a great weekend and nice to meet some more brethren. Ron the margaritas were great!!

A big shout to Big T'z. These guys have it together and it shows with the results.
When it comes to winning, these guys are a class act and I enjoy watching Big T'z take the walk for Grand.
Of course I would enjoy it more if it were my team.:wink:

Great Job to the brethren!!
I sat around all weekend and pouted.
I knew the weather was gonna be great and the compettition stiff.
Hope to be moving around well enough to judge W'loo.
ModelMaker

I'm sorry that we didn't get over to meet you, too Ray! We walked around for a while on Friday night but we ddin't get too far from home.

I understand your excitement about pork. Pork was our weak category last year so i worked on it over the winter as well. That and some help from Plowboy (thanks, Todd!) and now were getting calls more consistently.

Congrats to all!
And top 6 places in pork go to Brethren, reminds me of Sedalia last weekend.

OMG, Ron L., you are really impressing me this year with your finishes.! Son, I think you have arrived! I wish you continued success!

It was fun sitting at the awards ceremony and hearing all of the Brethren teams getting calls! When i was walking up to pick up our Pork award I heard someone yell "Fear The Pig!"! I didn't see who it was but I knew. Thanks for the support, Dave (Rookie48)! :-D

We have been more consistent in our overall finishes so far this year and as i mentioned above we're doing better in pork. Now I need to fine tune the chicken. I don't know, however, what happened to our ribs this weekend. Let's just say that the judges and I chose to disagree strongly about the quality of our rib entry. :rolleyes: They may not have been 1st place ribs, but they certainly weren't 56th place ribs! If we had been in the top 25% we would have had the GC. :confused:

Congrats on all the walks! Big T'z is on fire!! Great job to Ray & Jay (and the birthday boy) on the 1st in pork :eusa_clap It was a great weekend and nice to meet some more brethren. Ron the margaritas were great!!

It was great to meet you and your wife, Pat! I'm glad that the Margaritas hit the spot. Just remember... Being the Margarita Fairy is cool... Its not like I'm the Spice Fairy or anything :biggrin: :rolleyes: :cool:

Great weekend for sure! Thanks for the margaritas Ron! I really thought my ribs and brisket were better than what the judges thought but oh well! It was awesome to see the smokehouse boys get the call! It's good to see guys win and they actually act happy about getting the call, there were a couple teams that acted like it was a bother to walk up and get their ribbon-if it's not that enjoyable why compete?
But I digress....
See you guys at waterloo...hopefully on time this time!

Congrats and pack your bags for Shannon, IL for the 2010 Butt to Butt. :biggrin:

Don't forget Paola Greg with the RGC! Congrats to Big T'z and Greg and everyone else who walked! This was a fun competition and despite all of the rain during the week the weather was great and the campground was in great shape!BTW, this was a huge brethren competition! I met so many Brethren and I know i won't remember them all!
It was great to meet you Ron, and other Brethren also. Congrats to you on the awesome pork and brisket calls, and 5th overall.
And thanks for the kind words from everyone for our finish. We were shocked when they called us for reserve with just one top ten call, fun stuff.

Back