How many Turkeys will you be smoking this Thanksgiving?

tony76248

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
How many Turkeys will you be smoking this Thanksgiving? So far I am at two.

I do not even like Turkey and they make a mess of my style of smoker. Give me a honeybaked ham anyday, but the wife says no. Actually we will do both but I can't get out of the turkey.

I hate deer meat but i still do one each Thanksgiving
prolly doing 2 turks

This will be my first time smoking a whole turkey, so I'll be doing one for practice a week before and one on Thanksgiving.

I'll probably do near 20 Turkeys.... I dont have them all paid for yet but last year I did 16. I do it mostly for family so I dont make alot.

I'm with Trucky...one for practice and one for feast.
Will likley do both using Thirdeye's breast method. Just can't find any Turks at the store right now???

None, zero, too cold to keep my Bandera up to temp.

Unfortunately...none! :cry: My wife wants to do a "traditional" bird this year. :roll:

Will be smoking 4 as of right now but who know the neihbors always smell the smoke and want to add their turkey so we will see.

I'm going to try one on the drum next week for practice, I might have a couple of them sold. I also get (?) to do the usual two 16 to 18 lb bone in hams that the family seems to like.

Last year we did about 30; most smoked, some fried and a few roasted.

Probably 2. I am quite surprised after last year my wife doesn't want a backup in the oven. I might butterfly one of them.

I just put on the practice bird 5 minutes ago. 12.5#. I am supposed to do about 20 for a church fundraiser later this month. Usually have two big family dinners (2 smoked, 2 fried). My wife has the best sweet potato casarole ever made.:p:-D

Back