Cascade Smokers

Yes, it's a solid cooker. It's my go to cooker, holds rock solid temps, fuel efficient and about as set it and forget it as you can get.

Thanks,

Which model do you have? The QueDeVille looks comparable to Humphry's Qubed Box. They look like well though out smokers.

Yes, it's a solid cooker. It's my go to cooker, holds rock solid temps, fuel efficient and about as set it and forget it as you can get.

I've got the "Whole Hog" it's not pictured on their website. It's a double door unit and is probably more of a cooker than I'll ever need but even with small cooks it uses very little fuel.
I have a buddy that has the Que Deville and he loves it, it does seem to be the perfect size and I know he's done some pretty large cooks with his. There's a guy on here not too long ago that got one ("Que Deville ") and he posted a review. If I remember right he gave it a real positive review.

I posted this thread about 3 months ago:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251551

My unit is the QueDeVille and it is a joy to use. At the moment, I don't have time to discuss every attribute, but it has improved my Que and my leisure time immensely.

The quality of construction and the finish are second to none, and the internal framing and bracing are outstanding also.

I have been a dedicated offset user for many years and rarely found a smoker that could duplicate the results of the offset. I was ready to move up in size to a new Lang when I ran across a new friend who was using a Cascade and was instantly intrigued. Now I am enjoying much more sleep with super results. I will not return to an offset.

I was worried, unnecessarily, about the smoke profile from charcoal and wood chunks— It is an improvement over the offset. Fire management is a thing of the past; temperatures hold rock steady and the firebox can generate a 13-14 hour burn. No need for a controller. The only thing that seems to affect temperature is the wind— protect the ball valve inlet from the wind and you will see solid temperature stability. You can get a lot of food into this unit also, more than larger offsets.

That's all for now— good hunting.

I did see that post, I actually tried to respond to it but I guess the thread was to old.

The QueDeVille is the one I'm interested in also.

They are only about a three or four hour drive from me, it's nice spend the money on the cooker and not shipping.

Thanks for the feedback

I posted this thread about 3 months ago:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251551

My unit is the QueDeVille and it is a joy to use. At the moment, I don't have time to discuss every attribute, but it has improved my Que and my leisure time immensely.

The quality of construction and the finish are second to none, and the internal framing and bracing are outstanding also.

I have been a dedicated offset user for many years and rarely found a smoker that could duplicate the results of the offset. I was ready to move up in size to a new Lang when I ran across a new friend who was using a Cascade and was instantly intrigued. Now I am enjoying much more sleep with super results. I will not return to an offset.

I was worried, unnecessarily, about the smoke profile from charcoal and wood chunks— It is an improvement over the offset. Fire management is a thing of the past; temperatures hold rock steady and the firebox can generate a 13-14 hour burn. No need for a controller. The only thing that seems to affect temperature is the wind— protect the ball valve inlet from the wind and you will see solid temperature stability. You can get a lot of food into this unit also, more than larger offsets.

That's all for now— good hunting.

I did see that post, I actually tried to respond to it but I guess the thread was to old.

They are only about a three or four hour drive from me, it's nice spend the money on the cooker and not shipping.

Thanks for the feedback

Yes, the fact they're on the west coast made the decision that much easier as it was a short drive for me as well.

Thanks for the feedback

One other point worth noting is:

I think it is a real advantage to deal with the guy who is overseeing the construction of your smoker. It is nice to deal directly with the owner and know that he is doing the QC on your unit— not some momo who is thinking about where his drinking hole for the evening will be while building your unit.
Everything about the product down to the door latches and the wheels are top quality, and I expect this unit will last.

Back