The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Plant City, Fl This Weekend? (merged) (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21904)

chad 11-12-2006 04:06 PM

Plant City, Fl This Weekend? (merged)

OK, so who's going to be a Plant City, FL, next weekend. It's a KCBS event and is usually quite well attended.

Southern Brethren BBQ will be there.

JohnMcD348 11-12-2006 05:32 PM

I plan on being there to socialize for awhile. I got another box of green gloves for Tim.

smokincracker 11-12-2006 05:36 PM

Yep Crackers in

The_Kapn 11-12-2006 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMcD348
I plan on being there to socialize for awhile. I got another box of green gloves for Tim.

Bless ya Big John!

I am cooking breakfast Sat AM--You wanna just eat instead of "catering the Rainbow Room" ? :lol:

TIM

Sledneck 11-12-2006 09:14 PM

I will be there, my flight gets in friday evening and im going straight to see a hockey game tampa bay lightning vs ny islanders after that gonna go straight to contest sleep in car for a bit and be there rest of morning and day

Rub 11-13-2006 09:11 AM

I'm in! This is week #5 in a row for me; I'm ready for a break.
The Swamp Babes will be with me, schlepping bbq and corn for your epicurean enjoyment 8-)

Jimmy, we going $5x5 again?

smokincracker 11-13-2006 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rub
I'm in! This is week #5 in a row for me; I'm ready for a break.
The Swamp Babes will be with me, schlepping bbq and corn for your epicurean enjoyment 8-)

Jimmy, we going $5x5 again?

Yep

Bring your sharpie

MissMurls 11-14-2006 10:20 AM

Who's Coming To The Plant City, Fl Bbq Competition This Weekend?

If you haven't already heard, there is a KCBS sanctioned BBQ competition in Plant City, Fla. this Saturday, November 18.

The Fourth Annual Plant City Pig Jam will give guests a chance to ask cooks about their pits, the wood they are burning, how they prepare their meat and what cooking temperatures they prefer. And of course, it's a great excuse for a down-home party with loads of savory BBQ!

In addition to some of the finest BBQ in the Southeast, there will be music, live entertainment and plenty of activities for the kids, so bring the whole family!

It all happens from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday at the Randy L. Larson Softball Four-Plex, 1900 South Park Road/1401 Albertsons Dr. in Plant City, Fla. Parking is $3 per vehicle and admission is free.

For more information, contact the Greater Plant City Chamber of Commerce at 813-754-3707

kcpellethead 11-14-2006 10:24 AM

Well, here's a few I know are attending:

Bonesmokers Big Time BBQ
Fast Eddy's/Cookshack
Smokers Wild
Jerry King Midland TX
Smokin' Triggers

I'm sure all of the Florida heavy hitters will be there as well. Buttrub.com, Home BBQ, Woodhouse, Firehouse, Bill & The Dixie Chicks, Swamp Boys BBQ Team, Smokin' Cracker, and on, and on, and on . . .should be an awesome contest.

Good luck to all!

Rod

Rub 11-14-2006 10:33 AM

I'm in!

smokincracker 11-14-2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rub
I'm in!

Smokin' Cracker will be there.

spicewine 11-14-2006 03:20 PM

Best of luck to all of the Brethren!!! Wish we were cooking :cry:

Spice

chad 11-17-2006 09:06 AM

Tim's off and heading towards Plant City. I've got the travel trailer ready so I'll be leaving shortly.

Weather will be cool (for around here) but sunny. We're looking forward to seeing some of the Brethren.

Sledneck 11-18-2006 08:04 PM

Awesome time. Grand champion homebbq.com i will post details about contest later 2 much 2 type on cell phone

chad 11-19-2006 11:50 AM

What an interesting weekend!

It was great to meet Steve/Sledneck and see John/JohnMcD348 at Plant City. John assisted us by running the boxes and Steve was an illustrious CBJ for the contest.

We were very pleased with our product though a bit disappointed with the outcome...and 8th in Pork was a welcome surprse, but we thought the Chicken would walk...it didnt'!!

Lot's of Brethren walking...us, Kevin, Ray, Rub, Jimmy, and Mike...just to walk was good...let's just say that 5 of the BBQ Challenge competitors were there...Ray, Trigg, Fast Eddie, Myron Mixon, and Byron Chisolm...along with Memphis Pig Pals, and the usual assortment of very capable FL teams... Muchees, Firehouse, Smoke & Spice, Skin & Bones, etc. etc.

I think it was 52 pro teams and 25 backyard.

Very well run event.