Meat Slicer Blade - question for the meat slicer experienced

HarleyDiva

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to order a meat slicer. Decided on the Chef's Choice 610, as it seems to have good reviews, and will not be used heavily. I will use it primarily for slicing brisket, pastrami, bacon, smoked turkey breast or ham for sandwiches. I have read a lot of comments about getting the non serrated blade for thin slicing. Bed, Bath & Beyond is offering one on their website which includes the non serrated blade rather than the serrated. Is there any reason I would need the serrated blade?????

From my experience the answer would be : No
I never could figure out why some of them come that way.

I have the 632 and have just been using the stock blade for years cutting thicker cut bacon > beef super thin for beef dip sando's with zero issues. Cold meat it key for good cuts. Non serrated blade in not needed for thin slicing IMHO.

being that it says for ultra thin slicing with the non serrated blade- the serrated blade with be a little more durable. mine is serrated and when you feel the edge of the actual blade its far from sharp but still cuts very well

its good for slicing breads, tomatoes & cheeses, but with that said in my deli, I used a non serated blade but it was a Globe Commercial Slicer.

Back