Changing wheels on my Bandera

BBQCookin

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas to upgrade the wheels on my Bandera Smoker. The ones that came with my smoker just don't seem to work well when I try to move it around. Any ideas? Thanks.
-BBQCookin

What about a dolly? Go over to cattle call and introduce yourself

Hey brother. I did a little research and one of the Brethren went to Harbor Freight and found some real nice wheels about three years ago. You might try them for starters.

I'm looking for ideas to upgrade the wheels on my Bandera Smoker. The ones that came with my smoker just don't seem to work well when I try to move it around. Any ideas? Thanks.
-BBQCookin

I haven't modded my wheels yet, haven't had the need, but when/if I do, the mod will be no wheels. And if I have to move it, I'll use a cheap-ass harbor freight-type dolly.

-BBQCookin

8 U bolts and 4 new casters bolted to the square tubing. Worked for me.

I wanted better wheels and additional work space, so i mounted the Bandera on a stainless steel table. I can't fine the picture with one,but here's one with the back to back smokers.

Attachments

• DSCN0064.jpg
    DSCN0064.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 265
I wanted better wheels and additional work space, so i mounted the Bandera on a stainless steel table. I can't fine the picture with one,but here's one with the back to back smokers.

That looks like a good set up. Where did you find the table? I hate to buy a new one at restraunt supply.

Here's the Harbor Freight wheels I put on my Bar-b-chef. Axle was a 3/4" rod turned down at the ends to 5/8". Don't know if this is what your looking for cause I don't know what your smoker set up is like. Good luck.
Picture422.jpg

Picture423.jpg

-BBQCookin

Try this site, you might get some ideas. The selection is sure large....

http://www.castercity.com

Here's the Harbor Freight wheels I put on my Bar-b-chef. Axle was a 3/4" rod turned down at the ends to 5/8". Don't know if this is what your looking for cause I don't know what your smoker set up is like. Good luck.
Picture422.jpg

Picture423.jpg

I like that mod!!!!

Thanks all for great ideas!

This was my first post on this site and WOW these ideas were terrific. I never thought about something as simple as U-bolts or something like mounting the entire smoker on a table. I will research the sources everyone mentioned and figure out what makes the most sense for me.

Hey Sledneck, what's "cattle call"?
I'm not Sledneck, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I can answer this one.
Cattle Call is where you go when you first join the Brethren to introduce yourself, give us a little bio, and let us give you the old red carpet welcome.

I'm not Sledneck, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I can answer this one.
Cattle Call is where you go when you first join the Brethren to introduce yourself, give us a little bio, and let us give you the old red carpet welcome.
Thank you Harbormaster!

Mine is strapped to a dolly. :redface:

The new wheels I bought for it have been sitting on the log rack for a 2 years. Standard lawn mower wheels fit the back and some 2" casters fit the front.

Back