Meat grinding ?

growit

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just bought a meat grinder and was wondering about freezing fresh ground beef. Does freezing it affect the quality of the meat. I want to mainly use it for burgers. Thanks

I season the grind meat form my patties and then freeze them. No need to thaw before cooking. By seasoning ahead you can get flavor all through the meat just not on the surface.

I season the grind meat form my patties and then freeze them. No need to thaw before cooking. By seasoning ahead you can get flavor all through the meat just not on the surface.

That's a great idea, gotta try that :clap2:

I shoot the ground meat outta my sausage stuffer into the plastic freezer bags, seal with tape & freeze. Try to do large batches, cleaning all that stuff is a PITA.

Just get this:

and this:

and you will be set. You can freeze in these bags without vacuum sealing.

^^yep^^

Yes the argument will be made that it will affect flavor, it is a hamburger and if you want to remove any doubt and grind and cook fresh.:biggrin1:

IMHO, for hamburgers, grind, season, patty, freeze and grill frozen.:thumb:

Personally, I buy it, grind it, shape into patties, season and cook. I try not to freeze anything if I don't have to. Fresh is always best! That's the beauty of having a grinder handy, grind as you need it.

Personally, I buy it, grind it, shape into patties, season and cook. I try not to freeze anything if I don't have to. Fresh is always best! That's the beauty of having a grinder handy, grind as you need it.

I'm right there with you. Exactly what I wanted to post.

It is a beauty when I find chuck roasts for $2.59/lb and can run a bunch at once, like 10# or more.
Otherwise, agreed.:biggrin1:

Back