Need a new cookbook

prodano

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Over the past few years I have amassed a small collection of grilling and smoking cookbooks, but feel like I could use another one or two. I would like to share the cookbooks I currently have, and see what additional cookbooks the Brethren think would help round out my collection. Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Here is what I have so far:

- Serious BBQ (Adam Perry Lang)
- BBQ 25 (Adam Perry Lang)
- Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book (Chris Lilly)
- Big-Time Barbecue Cookbook (Dr. BBQ)
- Grill It! (Bobby Flay)
- Burgers, Fries & and Shakes (Bobby Flay)
- Planet Barbecue! (Steven Raichlen)
- How To Grill (Steven Raichlen)
- Championship Barbecue (Paul Kirk)
- America's Best Ribs (Paul Kirk)
- Smoke and Spice (Cheryl and Bill Jamison)
- Weber's Way To Grill (Jamie Purviance)
- Weber's Charcoal Grilling (Jamie Purviance)
- Weber's Real Grilling (Jamie Purviance)

If you can pull those up with this one that would be cool. I only have a couple cook books from weber.

But when it comes to Q I always look what the brethren have done first!!

If I don't find what I'm looking for its google time. But 90 percent of the the time google is not nesasary.

I am a cookbook addict and I own all of the ones that you have plus more!

The ones that I refer to the most are Serious BBQ (which you already own) and Wicked Good Barbecue. I also love Emeril at the Grill. It's definitely more grilling than smoking, but every recipe that I have ever tried of his has come out perfect.

Adam Perry Lang also has another book that's geared more towards grilling which is called Charred and Scruffed. It's fantastic as well and I highly recommend it.

I just got this book, Seven Fires, Grilling the Argentine Way.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Fires-Grilling-Argentine-Way/dp/1579653545"]Seven Fires: Grilling the Argentine Way: Francis Mallmann^Peter Kaminsky: 9781579653545: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

I haven't made anything out of it yet 'cause I haven't had it very long, but there is a lot of great stuff in there.

Wicked Good Barbecue from Chris Hart is one of my most used.
He has a new one coming out about burgers.
Myron has a new book coming out this year.
Edward Lee has pickles and smoke coming out also. That is the one i am most looking forward too.
jon

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0393058298"]Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing:Amazon:Books[/ame]

I got Mixon's SMOKIN' last week. Gonna try some of those soon.

Another one that I want is a new one from Paula Dean's son FROM MAMMA's KITCHEN TO MINE or something like that. He offers reduced calorie versions of her recipes. Lightening up the calorie count is relevant to my interests at this time.

Your best bet is to think about where you want to progress to next?

If you are looking for strictly a cookbook, what do you wish to cook?

If you are looking to do something particular like
Perfecting a Specific Cut of Meat, Curing Meat, Making Sausage, Bacon......

Once you have chosen your direction it will narrow down your unlimited choice of books to read.

I really just like general BBQ and grilling cookbooks, looking for something more than for beginners though. Think I may go for Legends Of Texas BBQ and Wicked Good BBQ. They look like solid additions. I absolutely love APL Serious BBQ, but don't know what to think about his newest cookbook charred and scruffed.

Wicked good BBQ- good interesting recipes and how to's
America grills- awesome recipes

Back