• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoked Butter?

L

LakeLBJ

Read an article this morning on a restaurant that sells smoked butter - I was intrigued so I figured if anyone has done it, it would be you guys. Sounds great, and I would love to try it. Anyone done it?

I can't post URLs yet because I don't have 15 posts but it's a restaurant called Creekside Smokehouse in El Granada, CA.

I cold smoked some butter once, with cherry wood. The butter soaked up the smoke fairly quickly. If I remember correctly it only got smoked for 1/2 an hour and had a very strong smoke flavor. I put it on some toast and I thought it was good, the wife thought it was strange and couldent eat smoked toast. My kids and I had some on pancakes and it did seem strange to eat smoke flavored pancakes, I think it was the syrup that made it taste weird. The butter was great for roasting garlic, it also worked well with baked potatoes and fryed eggs.

I have heard of smoked butter, but have never tried to smoke it. It does sound interesting though. I think it would be good with grilled lobster, shrimp, fish or spread on some bread for a brisket sammy.

Sounds very interesting! I like cold smoked honey...bet the butter would add a nice flavor to a lot of things.

Sofa Q, thanks for the info! :wink:

Interesting, but I am not sure about smoked butter. Same way I feel now about Bacon salt. After I tried it I'm still not sure.

Back