Smoker Builds

J

Jim_K

How many here have built a pit?
I am looking for parts for a reverse smoker build right now and was wondering how many here have made there own and could post a few pics of there rig?

I have built 4, What do you mean by reverse flow?

I built my stick burner. One 55 gal drum laid over a second 55 gallon drum. The one on the bottom serves as the fire pit, heat rises through two 6" metal vents into the cooking area above. I really enjoy it. First stick burner I have ever cooked on. Puts out some great food! (or is it the chef?)

Also built a UDS out of an 85 gal drum. Good times!

Here is my first named “Franken Smoker” all wood stick burner:

DSCF0019.jpg

Here is the second one; “Bride of Franken Smoker” that is a stick burner, charcoal/wood chunks, and coming soon propane assist with a log llighter:

DSCF0069.jpg

I have built two, one for me one for my bro below is pic's of mine.

DSCN4825.jpg

DSCN4822.jpg

DSCN4821.jpg

DSCN4820.jpg

DSCN4831.jpg

Nice pits all!
Thanks for the posts, I can't wait to get started on my pit.
Hogback what part of VA. you in?

Hog that is one great lookingg smoker. Looks lot better than mind but of course I have teen agers working on the ones I built

Heres mine, 20 x 20 firebox, 20 x 48 main and 20 x 20 x 40 vertical.

57_sb_005_Medium_1.jpg

57_sb_006_Medium_1.jpg

What exactly are you looking for ?

DM

Jim I am in Fairfield, va just outside of Lexington in the Shannandoah Valley. Where are you located, I don't recognize the city.

Thanks for the pit compliments. It was not talent, it was actually the first thing that I have ever built using steel. I had a couple of friends helping also. The key to getting it the way I wanted to research, 100's of hours of looking at the internet and designing it on paper before we ever started.We built the trailer and all and then ordered the axle to the width of my design from Dextar. Start to finish once we started the beginning of October 07, I worked a minimum of 20 hours a week and finished it at the end of March 08. I plan this fall to go back and add a warming box over top of the firebox. More pic's of the build at http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e331/Ruben111/BBQ/

I think all of the pits look great, it is a fun project to undertake.

Back