Freezing techniques

Sauce Dog

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! What are some of the freezing techniques some of you use for your Q? I regularly freeze PP, pulled chix & brisket (chopped & sliced) with little noticeable difference.

I'm extremely thorough with my processes using rest. food wrap & HD foil, & sometimes HD quart containers. This week I started freezing whole briskets & butts but have not yet reheated any.

Just curious about what people do, any tips or concerns? Any scientists out there that can shed light on "noticeable" differences to the structural integrity of the product? -Cheers

Hi Everyone! What are some of the freezing techniques some of you use for your Q? I regularly freeze PP, pulled chix & brisket (chopped & sliced) with little noticeable difference.

I'm extremely thorough with my processes using rest. food wrap & HD foil, & sometimes HD quart containers. This week I started freezing whole briskets & butts but have not yet reheated any.

Just curious about what people do, any tips or concerns? Any scientists out there that can shed light on "noticeable" differences to the structural integrity of the product? -Cheers

I try to vac-seal mine while it is still warm, and freeze as quickly as possible. If I am sealing items with liquids, I put the food in the vac-seal bag and clip shut to hold all liquids, the chill, and vac-seal when cooled.

I try to vac-seal mine while it is still warm, and freeze as quickly as possible. If I am sealing items with liquids, I put the food in the vac-seal bag and clip shut to hold all liquids, the chill, and vac-seal when cooled.
Personally I triple wrap in commercial grade film. I think it will last longer in the freezer. Cheaper than a sucker too.

I generally only freeze smaller amounts of stuff, maybe up to a couple pounds, so the Food Saver does the trick for me.

KC

Back