The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Here's a fun one...need some ideas. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270336)

medic92 03-21-2019 11:59 AM

Here's a fun one...need some ideas.

I've got a job coming up in June to feed a bunch of drunken truck drivers as they attempt to play golf. Brisket, chips and "a dessert that could be easily eaten while standing and chatting or sitting in a golf cart".

I'd love to hear some dessert ideas that fit this criteria.

bschoen 03-21-2019 12:33 PM

For drunk truck drivers? How about a beer and a shot?

Not really helping... :oops:

medic92 03-21-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bschoen (Post 4153497)
For drunk truck drivers? How about a beer and a shot?

Not really helping... :oops:

Beer is already provided and I always make sure my shots are up to date before I hang out with this bunch. :becky:

PitmasterWebb65 03-21-2019 02:29 PM

Can you keep things cool? We serve banana pudding in 1/2 pint cups. Otherwise i would suggest a cake or pie that does not require cooling.

HOBONICHOLBBQ 03-21-2019 03:06 PM

I make dump cakes all the time in my smoker. I just use a half foil pan, two cans of pie filling. Evenly distribute your white cake mix on top. Top with smashed walnuts. Throw in smoker for about an hour and that's it.

pharp 03-21-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOBONICHOLBBQ (Post 4153559)
I make dump cakes all the time in my smoker. I just use a half foil pan, two cans of pie filling. Evenly distribute your white cake mix on top. Top with smashed walnuts. Throw in smoker for about an hour and that's it.

sounds awesome.

ronbrad62 03-21-2019 04:30 PM

Some type of cookie or brownie wouldn't need any special means of keeping them fresh, are easily consumed, and shouldn't hinder the golf, at least not more than the beer will.

bschoen 03-21-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medic92 (Post 4153518)
Beer is already provided and I always make sure my shots are up to date before I hang out with this bunch. :becky:

Good for you. Always better safe than sorry!

RuBBQCo 03-21-2019 08:56 PM

+1 for the cups of of banana pudding...

PepRKatQ 03-21-2019 09:03 PM

Upside-down pineapple cake baked in a Dutch oven.

Bbq Bubba 03-26-2019 08:40 AM

Drunk truck drivers playing golf don't really give a chit about dessert.:rolleyes:

medic92 03-26-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba (Post 4155683)
Drunk truck drivers playing golf don't really give a chit about dessert.:rolleyes:

That's my thought too. We really don't care about the sandwiches either to be brutally honest, but that's what they want and I'll go with it. It's going to be fun providing lunch for something in which I'm actually participating. It gives me an opportunity to spend the day raving about how awesome the caterer was.

Wampus 04-07-2019 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOBONICHOLBBQ (Post 4153559)

Butter. I did a lot of dump cakes as a Cubmaster in scouts in DOs. I seem to recall a stick of butter sliced on top of the cake mix.

Dump cake is a good idea. Cheap and easy cobbler basically. Can do many options. Cherry pie filling with chocolate cake mix.