The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Contest Announcment The Ironman BBQ Challenge (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205456)

ShencoSmoke 03-13-2015 11:53 AM

We are in, thanks Eric! Gonna be a big crowd, I'm curious as to how many teams are going iron man and how many signed up for the standard KCBS contest?

Duddy55 03-13-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shencosmoke (Post 3188956)
we are in, thanks eric! Gonna be a big crowd, i'm curious as to how many teams are going iron man and how many signed up for the standard kcbs contest?

talked to eric all teams are registered to go naked!

Smokin' Gnome BBQ 03-13-2015 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShencoSmoke (Post 3188956)
We are in, thanks Eric! Gonna be a big crowd, I'm curious as to how many teams are going iron man and how many signed up for the standard KCBS contest?

The entire comp is KCBS, it is more about who opted in to the spirit of things which is 100%,

Iamarealbigdog 03-13-2015 08:28 PM

Purest BBQ crap..... Oh well, might as well throw our hats in to this preverbal ring of fire....

SO SO SO out of my element :crazy:

I think I will sent home crying like a 10 year old school girl

Mike

Smokin' Gnome BBQ 03-13-2015 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamarealbigdog (Post 3189379)
Purest BBQ crap..... Oh well, might as well throw our hats in to this preverbal ring of fire....

Mike

are you in? There are much scarier things than to go NAKED.....

if you are inand need anything let me know..shhh.

Iamarealbigdog 03-16-2015 09:04 AM

Yep we are in...

I need a shovel to dig out our grills as they are still under 4 feet of snow, Love Canadian winters...The rest of the team is really pumped for going off the grid, then I reminded them of that no power meant no Keurig, they were not smiling so much (dirtbags).:doh:

Does anybody have an I-phone app for a Meadow Creek stick burner....

Big Ugly's BBQ 03-16-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamarealbigdog (Post 3191474)
Yep we are in...

I need a shovel to dig out our grills as they are still under 4 feet of snow, Love Canadian winters...The rest of the team is really pumped for going off the grid, then I reminded them of that no power meant no Keurig, they were not smiling so much (dirtbags).:doh:

Does anybody have an I-phone app for a Meadow Creek stick burner....

You have to provide your own power for things like Keurig, heaters, etc. Just can't have any power for the cookers, electric knives, etc......

The Virginian 03-16-2015 11:50 AM

will be there

I will be there, probably by myself. Dan will get a kick out of the team name: Deer Hunter BBQ.
Still trying to figure out where I will have room for the 10 lbs of wings on my two Big Green Eggs! Looking forward to another great season.

DivineSwine-LI 03-16-2015 11:57 AM

Where is this being held at?

Big Ugly's BBQ 03-16-2015 12:32 PM

Mason-Dixon World Headquarters, Greencastle, PA

Dan - 3eyzbbq 03-16-2015 01:25 PM

Ah yes, the Deer Hunter Comp. That was a good time, the judges sucked though.

*For those not in the know, the cooks were the judges...

Kave Dweller 03-16-2015 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan - 3eyzbbq (Post 3191667)
Ah yes, the Deer Hunter Comp. That was a good time, the judges sucked though.

*For those not in the know, the cooks were the judges...

Know for being a bunch of bbq snobs.

Kave Dweller 03-16-2015 02:26 PM

Really wish this wasn't 11 hours away. I know a guy that would team up on this one and it would be fun.

Candy Sue 03-17-2015 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamarealbigdog (Post 3189379)

Mike

I may have you beat there on the crying part! This will be the first time I've EVER flown to an event and used borrowed stuff. Big thanks to the folks at Little Creek Bar-B-Que who competed in Tupelo last weekend.

Big George's BBQ 03-18-2015 11:29 AM

I will there- first time Will be joining Tom and Billy Heard Sal is supplying the beer at his site :thumb: