The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ribs. 3-2-wait a day-1? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152649)

thoraudio 01-29-2013 01:14 PM

Ribs. 3-2-wait a day-1?

As a church goin' type, I'm unable to tend to my cooker this coming Super Bowl morn. I'd like to do a few racks of spares but my timings won't match up between getting home and the game.

Would it be possible/edible to do 3-2 on Saturday, then hold to the next afternoon to finish?

Thoughts?

Boshizzle 01-29-2013 01:21 PM

Do you have a food saver? If so, cook them fully; seal in food saver bag while hot; plunge into ice to cool them; put them in fridge; 30 minutes before you want to eat them put them in a pot of boiling water; let them boil until hot; remove from pot; cut them out of the bag; serve. They will be superb.

Dockman 01-29-2013 01:28 PM

That is some good info!

GaSouthernSmoker 01-29-2013 01:29 PM

Great tip

landarc 01-29-2013 01:31 PM

You can get very good results doing what you are proposing to do. What I have done, and I tend not to foil normally, is cook them for 2 hours no foil, then 2 hours foiled. Remove them from the heat, wrap them in heavy duty plastic wrap and chill them. To reheat them, I fire up the oven, smoker is not needed, the smoke from the day before will have settled into the meat, it will be fine. Dip the ribs is some thinned sauce (50% BBQ sauce, 25% beef broth, 25% mild vinegar), pop them into a 300F oven and heat through.

GrillsGoneWild 01-29-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boshizzle (Post 2346504)
Do you have a food saver? If so, cook them fully; seal in food saver bag while hot; plunge into ice to cool them; put them in fridge; 30 minutes before you want to eat them put them in a pot of boiling water; let them boil until hot; remove from pot; cut them out of the bag; serve. They will be superb.

^^^^Exactly the best way to reheat and serve for freshness. You can also throw them on a gas grill to "crisp" up the outside after they are done warming up in the water if you want.

WineMaster 01-29-2013 02:01 PM

No doubt. 3-2 or however long you want. Remove from foil. I just bring them outside on a sheet pan and cold in 15 min. Then Finish them off and sauce ( if you sauce them ) on your gasser.

Bludawg 01-29-2013 02:08 PM

I grant you absolution to worship at the alter of TBS... that whole religious thing is way overrated anyhow. Signed: Beer Swillin Bubba AKA Joe Six Pack, AKA BluDawg

chriscw81 01-29-2013 04:24 PM

i'm pretty sure god will understand if you miss church on superbowl sunday, god loves football too. :razz: I, however, will be at work for the superbowl. i'm working on seeing if god can get me the day off but my chances are slim....

:wink:

gettinbasted 01-29-2013 04:42 PM

This is exactly what many restaurants do. Cook until tender, wrap, chill, and then warm up and set the sauce on a grill or impinger

Bubba Gup 01-29-2013 04:46 PM

I just did this last weekend, but it was 3 - wait a day - 2.5 - .75. For the 2.5, I *lightly* brushed the ribs with agave and foiled with some clarified butter at 250. For the .75 I poured the liquid from the foil packets into my glazing sauce, glazed the ribs and finished them at 275. Couldn't tell any difference at all.

Enkidu 01-29-2013 05:56 PM

Superbowl Sunday is like my birthday, the 4th of July, New Years, Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa all rolled up into one for me. When my wife and I decided we wanted to have a baby, I told her that we need to time it right so he isn't born during football season, and on no accounts any chance that his birthday will conflict with playoff football or the Superbowl. He was born on May 5.

Church can wait until next Sunday. God will understand.

Happy Hapgood 01-29-2013 06:00 PM

Let me see if I understand. Did someone say to boil ribs?

Bludawg 01-29-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toast (Post 2346901)
Let me see if I understand. Did someone say to boil ribs?

Nah...... Crockpot:twitch:

Happy Hapgood 01-29-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bludawg (Post 2346940)
Nah...... Crockpot:twitch:

Oh. :rolleyes: