THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Does anyone else have a Vision Kamado Pro Series III. I am playing yo yo all day trying to achieve even temps. I have noticed the leaks around the ash dump/vents all the time. Today I decided to tape the seams with duct tape. Now I can't get it to settle in a temp of 250. Making me crazy,
Jed

I have the Vision PRO kamado but never heard of a PRO III series?? Regardless, I do achieve 250* all day by slowly working the fire up and as soon as I get to about 180* or so I close the bottom right vent all the way and put the bottom left vent on 1. Then I put the top vent on 1. If it's still climbing steadily I drop the bottom left and top vent to .5(just a crack). I usually achieve 250* in about half hour or so and that's it other than checking periodically. I taped up the bottom drawer like yourself and untaped it for testing purposes (just to see if there is any temp fluctuation) with absolutely no difference in temp so I don't touch it at all.

One other thing I can think of is to check the felt gaskets around the ash drawer because I don't have any leaks around that area and my felt gaskets still look really good even after reaching about 1000* or so at times.

I have the Vision PRO kamado but never heard of a PRO III series?? Regardless, I do achieve 250* all day by slowly working the fire up and as soon as I get to about 180* or so I close the bottom right vent all the way and put the bottom left vent on 1. Then I put the top vent on 1. If it's still climbing steadily I drop the bottom left and top vent to .5(just a crack). I usually achieve 250* in about half hour or so and that's it other than checking periodically. I taped up the bottom drawer like yourself and untaped it for testing purposes (just to see if there is any temp fluctuation) with absolutely no difference in temp so I don't touch it at all.

One other thing I can think of is to check the felt gaskets around the ash drawer because I don't have any leaks around that area and my felt gaskets still look really good even after reaching about 1000* or so at times.
Finally got it temped spot on and rockin!

pernil003_zps27bec214.jpg

Back