The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Wedding for 200 (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49184)

Plowboy 09-13-2008 10:01 PM

Wedding for 200

4 Attachment(s)
Pulled Pork
Brisket
Turkey

Corn
Green Beans
Cheesy Potatoes
Rolls w/butter

Salad bar - Mixed greens, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, garlic croutons, italian dressing, ranch dressing
Veggie, meat, and cheese trays

Iced Tea

My wife and I ran the whole show. My knees are killing me, but my bank account is happy. Catering feels like when we first started competition BBQ. You sometimes bring more than you should, you usually forget something, and everyone is working twice as hard as they really need to. But we are getting better at it. We only do a half dozen events a year. We are already taking notes for next time.

I made extra pork and brisket so I wouldn't run out, but I knew that my extras could be used for another event for 250 in two weeks.

Michael had fun. :wink:

BBQ Grail 09-13-2008 10:04 PM

Looks like a great job.

Love the pictures, especially that last one!

jbrink01 09-13-2008 10:09 PM

Looks good Todd! Just got home from doing 160, and we took 3 helpers. You da man!

Plowboy 09-13-2008 10:12 PM

Even if I say so myself, there were lots of rave reviews over the food.

Plowboy 09-13-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrink01 (Post 737176)
Looks good Todd! Just got home from doing 160, and we took 3 helpers. You da man!

The clean up is a beyotch!!

jbrink01 09-13-2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 737180)
The clean up is a beyotch!!

I'll bet! I stood around and did a bit of future event marketing while "the girls" washed it all in the trailer. We cheat however, we use disposable pans and racks, covered with white, or, color coordinated skirts if requested. Throw the pan, wipe the rack, and toss skirts in laundry.

jbrink01 09-13-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 737178)
Even if I say so myself, there were lots of rave reviews over the food.

Always amazes me how people flip over good food. There are a bunch of bad caterers out there. Keep killin' 'em!

Plowboy 09-13-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrink01 (Post 737186)
I'll bet! I stood around and did a bit of future event marketing while "the girls" washed it all in the trailer. We cheat however, we use disposable pans and racks, covered with white, or, color coordinated skirts if requested. Throw the pan, wipe the rack, and toss skirts in laundry.

Got pics of the skirts? Where did you get them?

I've been looking for washable covers for my cambro drink carriers, too.

jbrink01 09-13-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 737190)
Got pics of the skirts? Where did you get them?

I've been looking for washable covers for my cambro drink carriers, too.

I'll take a pic tomorrow for you. We have a local lady make them. She charges us $6 each.

Plowboy 09-13-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrink01 (Post 737189)
Always amazes me how people flip over good food. There are a bunch of bad caterers out there. Keep killin' 'em!

People like food that they don't know who to do themselves. BBQ is one of those that easily impress.

I love cooking these CAB briskets. What a great product!

Plowboy 09-13-2008 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrink01 (Post 737194)
I'll take a pic tomorrow for you. We have a local lady make them. She charges us $6 each.

Totally worth it. You can get a quality look for less than half of a low end chaffer.

jbrink01 09-13-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 737195)
People like food that they don't know who to do themselves. BBQ is one of those that easily impress.

I love cooking these CAB briskets. What a great product!

I agree. Ours tonight was a golf tourney and scholarship fund raiser.
Brisket, pulled pork, twice baked potato bake, green beans, caesar salad, cookies, brownies, rolls and relish trays.

Plowboy 09-13-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrink01 (Post 737199)
I agree. Ours tonight was a golf tourney and scholarship fund raiser.
Brisket, pulled pork, twice baked potato bake, green beans, caesar salad, cookies, brownies, rolls and relish trays.

We did the mini salad bar that I learned from Randy. People love it, and salad costs more than extra brisket. :wink:

Shoot me the twice baked potato bake recipe. I need to start keeping a catering recipe book.

Cabntmkr1 09-13-2008 11:29 PM

It all looks great, Todd!
That's a handsome helper you have there in the last photo.:wink:

Marsha 09-14-2008 09:42 PM

Good job and I do understand the hard work and the cleanup is a pain.
I like the salad bar idea!