New website Catering / Competition

1. I find it hard to read things on the interweb that are underlined as much as what you have; it makes me want to close the page and move on.

2. The baby blue background is not working for me.

3. Pics are a little blurry and you need more

4. You need to use paragraphs

5. Pay a couple of bucks and hire a professional to help you. You have a base and it will cut down on pricing.

Does this make farking sense?
Nice start.

Hey,
I would get rid of the light blue. Its hard to build a website to showcase what you're all about..But I think your on the right track.
Cheers

Wow, i think you are better off going with wordpress and a custom theme. It will be much easier to edit and alot better for people who wish to browse your site.

No offense, but it looks like a website from 1995 created by someones first attempt at html on a free webhost. Scrap it and start over.

www.templatemonster.com

Hey John,
I think the underlining is too much. I like the wording, but all the underlines makes it hard to read. The spacing of some of the wording seems a little off - out of balance.

I agree about the light blue. When I cursor over the link, I can no longer read what I'm one. It doesn't look right on the other pages either.

I looked at your comp team page. Too many different font's and color schemes. Pick one and make it all consitent. It looks like it was pasted together. Same for the Contact us page.

I would go out and look at sites YOU think look really nice and try and emulate some of the color schemes, layouts and fonts. Use a consistent font and color scheme throughout the site.

If you're in DC again this year, I'll look for, otherwise, I'll see you at Que n Cruz.

If you can use Joomla or Drupal I would use a theme from one of them to get up and running quickly for free. Joomla is really easy to use and SiteGround has a lot of great templates. Good luck with it.

The content is good. Lots of concise info.
The spacing is a little off kilter, but you said you'd be working on that.
The color scheme makes the site hard to read, and the color pallet may not look good at all on older CRT monitors.

Good start.

Some good advice here John. How did you loose the domain?

Where I would start is by changing the blue background. I'd also add pictures of events, food & people eating good BBQ.

Back