• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Can smoking make anything taste better?

Newenglandbbqer

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Thought this would be a good question so where exactly would be the line of bbqing something won't make make something at least tolerable? I'm talkin things like coyote wolf and things along those lines.

Well, you have found somethings that I have not eaten, not even tasted. I could not honestly tell you if smoking a coyote, wolf, wolverine etc...would taste better or not.

Smoked x > not smoked x. Some fruit might not be as good like grape fruit. All protines and veg and most breads and cheese is almost always better.

While it might add a bit of flavor, I don't think it would help with canines. Plus, my guess would be that they would be very lean and probably dry out during the cook. There is a forum that I follow that deals with the Alaskan outdoors (big surprise to those that know me) and the topic came up of the worst tasting wild game. Through the discussion there were many suggestions like coastal, fish eating bear, merganser, rutting caribou and others I can't remember off the top of my head. Anyway, the one underlying theme seemed to be that if it was "bad" meat there really wasn't a way to fix it and these guys have probably tried everything.

You can polish a turd but its still a turd.

+1 chit would be the place I would draw the line.

Polished turd :thumb:

images

I smoked some Red Pannama Chit on time that was real goood:rockon: so.... yep!

Back