Pig Candy, N Dogs, and Stew

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This bacon was getting pretty old in the fridge so I decided to cook it early this morning and we took it to my Mom’s and Ms Driver and her made gravy and biscuits.

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

IMG_3779.jpg

Guess these are Chili Rellenas x 2 cause they are out of the chili from last night. Made a couple of cups of wild rice to mix with it and some cheese.

IMG_3782.jpg

IMG_3784.jpg

Nathan dogs were on sale for 3 bucks a pack and Ms Driver loves a good hot dog and we thought that sounded purty good with the chili rellenas.

IMG_3786.jpg

IMG_3794.jpg

I went to sleep after the dog and chili and Ms Driver claims that she watched the stew and that’s why it was done just right when I jumped up from my 2 hr nap and checked it and I said “o.k. but me thinks it’s on account of I had that little sucker set just right for that nap”.

IMG_3800.jpg

IMG_3801.jpg

Man, does that look good. It gives me some ideas for this week. I like using the poblanos with just beans and rice, but the chili filling looks awesome.

Great ideas there/ Might have to do me some of those lake steaks this week.

Man those Chili rellanos look great!! What's in them and how long?

I roasted the poplanos in the ceramic first and peeled and seeded em and that's why I cooked em in the casserole dish. They are made with a little home made left over chili with beans (strained the liquid out of em) I had from a day or two ago mixed with an equal amount of cooked wild rice and some shredded cheese mixed together then more cheese on top. They just had to cook along enough to get heated real good and melt the cheese.

I've got to hand it to you Greeny, those are some mighty fine looking eats.:eusa_clap Stuffed peppers are one of my favs. but I have never done them with Poblanos.:cool: You inspire me.

Wow, i love the Chili Rellenas.

I know it might sound stupid but now i cant wait til autumn for my pepper harvest.

DM

Back