Pumpkin Soup and Artisan bread (recipe and pron)

42BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
First off, Moderators if you want to pull this thread I am okay with that since it is not Que. If it stays up I'm giving some props to "Mrs. 42BBQ" for an awesome dinner she slaved over all day yesterday. Recipe for soup included.

Pumpkin soup may not sound awesome but give it a try:

Recipe:

2 T olive oil
1 lb bacon, cut into small pieces and cooked in a pan.
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 28 oz can of 100% pure pumpkin
2 quarts chicken stock
1/8 t nutmeg
1 t kosher salt
1/4 t ground pepper
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup (or more :) grated cheese (cheddar, swiss, whatever)
2 T fresh parsley

Fry up the bacon, set aside. Fry up the onion in a pot with the olive oil. Only until tender, do not brown. Add everything except the cream, cheese and parsley. Bring to a boil, simmer in slow cooker for next 6 hours. When ready to serve, add cream, cheese, and parsley 5 minutes prior to serving.

Note: Was out of bacon, substituted chopped up mini breakfast sausages.

The bread my wife made is Artisan bread, recipe from "Artisan bread in 5 minutes a day" won't post recipe because of copyright issues. Just know this: BUY YOUR WIFE THE DANG BOOK! She won't believe she can make bread that good with so little effort. The bread is great with pulled pork also. Enjoy the pics, first one is of the my lovely wife.

Almost forgot to mention: The creamy spread you see on the last pic. Its called "peanut butter jelly." It is an Amish recipe that is peanut butter, pancake syrup, and marshmellow fluff. Just add enough syrup to make it creamy and just a little runny. Eat on any bread. Enjoy, sorry its not Que!

Last edited:

You hired a model, eh? Pretty one, too. Good move.

Looks like some fine fall eatin'. Just added a soup folder in my favorites.

Any more detail on this "peanut butter jelly"?

Peanut butter jelly:

Equal parts peanut butter and marshmellow fluff in a bowl. Add pancake syrup and combine until you have enough syrup to make the mixture very smooth. The final mixture should have a runny quality to make it easy to spread over fresh bread. This stuff is local Amish tradition and is always served at large Amish dinners (weddings etc.). Fantastic on home made bread.

Back