The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Fountains Blaze-Off and Senior Q October 17-18 (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49298)

Jeff_in_KC 09-15-2008 06:42 PM

Fountains Blaze-Off and Senior Q October 17-18

Hey folks, this year, due to Jon conning me into working at The Fountains at Greenbriar (I'm kidding of course!!), I have the honor of hooking up with Jon and Clara Williams to put this event on. Jon told me this morning we still have room for up to 20 teams. This is a great contest and is for a really nice cause (as part of Senior Q Month). The only thing we'd like for teams to keep in mind is that this is a senior community (not like a nursing home but rather an apartment community for active seniors). Therefore, you'll just be asked to use the same respect you would if you were setting up in your grandparent's backyard. That doesn't detract from the fun (just ask any of the teams there last year)! Attentive service, warm, fresh baked cookies at 9 pm, a hospitality tent open all night with coffee and hot chocolate and breakfast Saturday morning were just a few of the features cooks appreciated in 2007.

If you need an entry form, email Clara at [email protected]. Look forward to seeing you all out in Independence!

P.S. Anyone wanting to volunteer, let me know as well.

EarlyBird 09-15-2008 09:34 PM

We'll be there. We had a great time last year. It was a great contest to end the season with. Had a "BBQ Family Reunion" feel to it. The HOT cookies at 9 was a big hit.

Chris Early Bird BBQ

Greatgrills 09-15-2008 09:39 PM

We plan on going just depends on the back of someone else. Cooked it last year and it was a great contest made some good friends had a good time little chilly but hey what do you expect that time of year
I have also heard that the Will Deal Catering will be there........

Jeff_in_KC 09-24-2008 11:08 PM

Just bumping this up... still needing teams!

Plowboy 09-24-2008 11:56 PM

Talked to them this weekend. Sending my app in. They are saving me a spot.... cause I ain't had enough BBQ this year.

Jeff_in_KC 09-25-2008 10:07 PM

Thanks Todd! We're about half full now. Less than a week ago, we only had 4 or 5 teams.

VGuilford 09-26-2008 11:14 AM

If it wasn't the same weekend as the Bash we'd go. I already have money on the cabins.

Jeff_in_KC 10-16-2008 08:19 AM

Looks like we have 28 teams coming now! If anyone is bringing out a trailer tonight, email me at Bigcreekbbq at embarqmail dot com today. I think we have one or two coming out to park.

BurntFinger_Jason 10-16-2008 12:23 PM

Sounds great!!! I'm getting excited to cook again!!!

Plowboy 10-16-2008 01:04 PM

Wish I could have done this one, but I've got the boys solo this weekend. Momma deserved a weekend with the girls.

BurntFinger_Jason 10-16-2008 01:55 PM

What's a better father/son activity than a good old fashioned cookoff?!?! :)

Plowboy 10-16-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurntFinger_Jason (Post 759251)
What's a better father/son activity than a good old fashioned cookoff?!?! :)

The 4 year old goes to a lot of contests. He was at the Royal. The 3 year old is 37 pounds of pure energy. Ain't gonna happen.

Jeff_in_KC 10-16-2008 09:11 PM

Lots of grandmas around there, Todd!

Plowboy 10-16-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC (Post 759613)
Lots of grandmas around there, Todd!

Whatever turns you on, Jeff. :eek:

HoDeDo 10-16-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 759655)
Whatever turns you on, Jeff. :eek:

Lots of room for C-Man to run around at the campground.... come on out!!!
<bash hi-jack mod>

You know we'll have fun, and your truck needs an anniversary Goose shot... Did I mention it is already in the freezer.... we took the camper out tonight. :twisted: