The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Kentucky State BBQ Festival - out of control (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118970)

KentuckyLandSales 10-25-2011 03:34 PM

Kentucky State BBQ Festival - out of control

What started out as a 'I don't care if just me and you show up' has gotten out of control.

Not a competition (although there will be a people's choice) - this is an EATING event - similar to Big Apple Block Party - sort of.

Very cool stuff going to be there - and happening. the flyer is here - http://KYBBQFestival.com/

If you can make it, let us know - and LIKE us on Facebook.

Moe Cason
Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
Carey Bringle
Craig Kimmel
Melissa Cookston
Shelly Hunt
Tim Farmer
KY Bourbon Barrel Ale
and a bunch of others - cooking for you.

Scottie 10-25-2011 04:36 PM

Geez, i would have thought that the only World Champion in BBQ, Chad 'Podge' Hayden who is from Kentucky would be there... Or Shad Kirton who actually won Pitmasters?

Pappy Q 10-25-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie (Post 1829232)
Geez, i would have thought that the only World Champion in BBQ, Chad 'Podge' Hayden who is from Kentucky would be there... Or Shad Kirton who actually won Pitmasters?

Called KY BBQ festival but bringing in all out of state talent.....doesn't make sense to me. I'm with you Scottie, there's no one bigger in KY BBQ than Podge!

Scottie 10-25-2011 07:14 PM

Define 'talent'.... :shock:

jestridge 10-25-2011 07:33 PM

Wow Turtle Man going to be there!!!!!! Many years ago I use to live in Danville.

INmitch 10-25-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie (Post 1829232)

One of the funniest things I've seen at a BBQ comp after awards at Munfordville KY last year. 2 judges telling (this no name guy with no banners or anything) that he ought to take a judging class so he could figure out what the judges liked.:laugh: If they only knew who they were talking to they would have sh!t. Podge your my hero!!:thumb:

Rookie'48 10-25-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INmitch (Post 1829439)
..... after awards at Munfordville KY last year. 2 judges .....

WHAT??? You mean that I'm not the only judge in the world who stays for the awards? :rolleyes:

Ok, they were idiots - but at least they stayed.

bluegrass smoke 10-25-2011 08:03 PM

first i have heard of it ill be there!!!!!!!

KentuckyLandSales 10-25-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jestridge (Post 1829428)
Wow Turtle Man going to be there!!!!!! Many years ago I use to live in Danville.

Hey Danville! Yes, Turtleman will be there - as will Colonel Sanders (Bob Thompson - the official Colonel now). Too fun.

KentuckyLandSales 10-25-2011 08:32 PM

'Podge' might visit - but he really wants to compete. Chad's a helluva lotta fun - I hope he can make it.

KentuckyLandSales 10-25-2011 08:33 PM

BTW - we're giving away a few Kettles, an ECB or two for free --- and an XL Big Green Egg raffle.

Ulcer Acres 10-25-2011 08:40 PM

I agree Scottie, you would have thought the Jack Daniels Champ for KY would have been there. Or like you said, the guy that won Pitmasters not all the runner ups.

bluegrass smoke 10-25-2011 08:44 PM

Can I help in anyway?

Dale P 10-26-2011 04:53 AM

lol @ Rev..

Pappy Q 10-26-2011 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KentuckyLandSales (Post 1829499)
Hey Danville! Yes, Turtleman will be there - as will Colonel Sanders (Bob Thompson - the official Colonel now). Too fun.

Now your talking some major KY BBQ heroes!