The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Burn ban and I can't smoke AHHHHHHHH!!!! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93263)

rw02kr43 10-01-2010 11:15 AM

Burn ban and I can't smoke AHHHHHHHH!!!!

I'm going crazy looking at the pics here and reading about all the cool stuff. But my county has burned grilling and smoking and fires until further notice.

Jason

Boshizzle 10-01-2010 11:17 AM

You have my condolences. It's time to pray for rain... at night... between 9PM and 2AM so as to reduce the impact on cooking BBQ. :pray:

btcg 10-01-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rw02kr43 (Post 1418524)
I'm going crazy looking at the pics here and reading about all the cool stuff. But my county has burned grilling and smoking and fires until further notice.

Jason

Go electric.

Wampus 10-01-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rw02kr43 (Post 1418524)

Jason

No grilling? I didn't hear THAT!!
I know there's a burn ban pretty much all across Central IN, but I didn't hear about no GRILLING/SMOKING!!!

I think I may have to break the law then......:becky::heh:

rw02kr43 10-01-2010 11:27 AM

ban

yeah the way the notice is written is pretty vague. This past sunday a cop fined one of my neighbors for grilling in his weber. Seems pretty stupid to me. But it is very dry.

Jason

Smiter Q 10-01-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rw02kr43 (Post 1418541)
yeah the way the notice is written is pretty vague. This past sunday a cop fined one of my neighbors for grilling in his weber. Seems pretty stupid to me. But it is very dry.

Jason

Wonder if you put a sign on your lawn such as "Free fire grilled lunches to law enforcement officers," if you could avoid your neighbors consequence. :becky:

wildflower 10-01-2010 11:46 AM

no better here in central Kentucky except your in Kentucky :doh:

landarc 10-01-2010 12:25 PM

Wow, I thought us folks out here in CA were going to have this happen to us first, but, no, it was out there in the middle of the country.

shdybrady 10-01-2010 12:29 PM

sounds like its time to move

Wampus 10-01-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rw02kr43 (Post 1418541)

Jason

Wha-HAT? A fine? REALLY?!?!

Wow. I do get that it's very dry. There's been MANY field fires on the news these past weeks. Serious stuff for sure.

It's NOT gonna stop me from grillin' or smokin' though. I know THAT much. You just have to be smart about it. Don't dump fresh coals, watch out for embers, etc. I guess these laws are for the stupid among us, though (or at least those who don't THINK things through)......:shock:

1FUNVET 10-01-2010 01:06 PM

Burn ban here is for open fires, so firing up the grill's is ok. Glad i don't have to break the law this weekend :laugh::laugh::laugh:

aquablue22 10-01-2010 02:56 PM

Another reason I bought the Masterbuilt (electric) we had that happen once when we lived in the Panhandle..........

mbshop 10-01-2010 03:08 PM

its always dry here in calif and we have no such ban. well, there are at campgrounds and such but that makes sense. you'll are weird.

Hell Fire Grill 10-01-2010 03:26 PM

Its very unusual for a ticket to be given to anyone cooking with fire. All the counties, that I have read the rules of their burn ban, allow cooking with fire even when there is a burn ban in effect. The burn ban is normally confined to open burning e.g. burn piles or burn barrels etc. In my area cops dont normally give the tickets for burning the fire department does, the cops dont generaly know the laws concerning fires.

leanza 10-01-2010 03:30 PM

I would carefully rebel.