• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hot & Fast Brisket on the BGE

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Fired up the medium egg to 350* grate temp. I injected an 11lb select packer. Rubbed it with Bovine Bold and a salt and pepper blend. Injection and rub done 30 minutes before cooking.

10:00 AM Packer on the grate with cherry chunks for smoke.

2:15 PM Flat hit 170* and foiled with no added liquid.

3:45 PM Flat hit 191*. Wrapped in towels and coolered.

8:00 PM Removed from cooler and unwrapped. 173* in the flat.
Just over 2 cups of liquid in the foil.

8:30 PM Sliced and eaten.

So just under 6 hours cook time and about 4 hours coolered. Darn fine brisket. Next one I will try raised direct.

I'll add pics when i get home. I can't access photobucket from work.

Sounds great - would love to see the pics.

Sorry this question is OT, but I see in your signature that you have a Klose off-set and a bunch of Eggs. I have an Egg and am considering an off-set (like a Lang 60), and I wonder if you can tell me when you use the Klose and when you use the Eggs? I have the Egg at home, and would have the stickburner at my cottage. Would I miss the Egg at the cottage, or can the stickburner keep an Egger happy?

Mark

Sounds great - would love to see the pics.

Sorry this question is OT, but I see in your signature that you have a Klose off-set and a bunch of Eggs. I have an Egg and am considering an off-set (like a Lang 60), and I wonder if you can tell me when you use the Klose and when you use the Eggs? I have the Egg at home, and would have the stickburner at my cottage. Would I miss the Egg at the cottage, or can the stickburner keep an Egger happy?

Mark

I've used the Klose once since I got my Large Egg in 2007. Hope the answer helps.:biggrin: I use the Eggs for comps as well.

Ty

I'll chime in here to.
I have a Large BGE and a Klose BYC. Since getting the Egg I have used my Klose twice, because I needed the space the Klose provides. I hae toyed with the idea of selling my Klose and getting a second (or third) Egg. The Klose is a great piece of equipment, but for the type of cooking we typically do the Egg fills the need.

Ty - looking forward to seeing the pics of that brisket.

Thanks a lot guys - question answered. Sorry again about the thread highjack.

Mark

Back