Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Sedalia, Missouri Blues & BBQ Festival (June 18-19)

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
OK, I'm a day early to actually be within 30 days but I'm really curious about this contest. The numbers of teams has been slowly dropping the last couple of years and that worries me. I've been at Sedalia for four straight years and I'm wanting this to be my fifth year there. Of course there was an issue or two we all know about last year and I'm hoping that didn't drive teams away this year. I have no doubt the problem has been handled. It wasn't with the organizer anyway. I've always enjoyed Sedalia for many reasons, even though we don't usually do real well there. Mostly I enjoy it because it's a great venue with TONS of space (you could literally have 100x100 if you wanted to walk a ways to turn-in. There is electric, water and sewer hookups at every site, showers are available and Chris is a really good organizer. So what's the general feelings about Sedalia this year? Who is planning on going this year? I hope everyone will support them and go back and maybe even start a trend of growing this event even bigger! :thumb:

OK, I'm a day early to actually be within 30 days but I'm really curious about this contest. The numbers of teams has been slowly dropping the last couple of years and that worries me. I've been at Sedalia for four straight years and I'm wanting this to be my fifth year there. Of course there was an issue or two we all know about last year and I'm hoping that didn't drive teams away this year. I have no doubt the problem has been handled. It wasn't with the organizer anyway. I've always enjoyed Sedalia for many reasons, even though we don't usually do real well there. Mostly I enjoy it because it's a great venue with TONS of space (you could literally have 100x100 if you wanted to walk a ways to turn-in. There is electric, water and sewer hookups at every site, showers are available and Chris is a really good organizer. So what's the general feelings about Sedalia this year? Who is planning on going this year? I hope everyone will support them and go back and maybe even start a trend of growing this event even bigger! :thumb:

If we hadn't already had contest the same weekend, Rich and I would have gladly repped this contest. We have always loved Chris Koetting and his volunteers. They are fantastic, organized and come through with whatever you need. Unfortunately it always hits on Frisco weekend and we love that one as well and have been with it for a long time. You will have great reps there this year, so go and enjoy:-D.

Bunny

Everyone that I have spoken with is headed to Mexico this year. It's too bad because Sedalia is a good contest.

We will be there cooking as MooCow and the exe-que-tioner. I have already sent in our money. We had a good time last year! We won't be down there till about 5 or 6 as we all have to work on Friday.

I would love to do this contest or any this weekend - it is my only free weekend in June. Problem is my partner only has one free weekend as well (at the end of the month), I am booked that weekend.

Oh well sometimes the stars do not line up.

E-mailed Chris and asked if he knew of how many teams were entered to date. This was his reply:

Not sure how many entire in hand, will check tommorow at the meeting but my guess of # coming by verbal
Will be 30+- hopefully more as it gets closer

I love the venue and the teams that cook there. I had a problem with the kids Q comments at awards. We were set to cook it (the kids), but turn in times conflicted with chicken turn in, so we opted out of kids Q. The time got changed, but wasn't communicated ahead of time. We show up with no kids Q grills.

The Bellys will more than likely be looking at Mexico this year.....45 minutes closer to the house. But I will miss the large space and my friends!

I love the venue and the teams that cook there. I had a problem with the kids Q comments at awards. We were set to cook it (the kids), but turn in times conflicted with chicken turn in, so we opted out of kids Q. The time got changed, but wasn't communicated ahead of time. We show up with no kids Q grills.

The Bellys will more than likely be looking at Mexico this year.....45 minutes closer to the house. But I will miss the large space and my friends!

Gary, I don't recall the comments on Kids Q at the awards... what was said? Also, how did the Kids Q conflict with chicken turn-in? Taylor had both categories done and in before we started as I recall. Would sure love to see you at Sedalia again, my brother! :thumb:

Gary, I don't recall the comments on Kids Q at the awards... what was said? Also, how did the Kids Q conflict with chicken turn-in? Taylor had both categories done and in before we started as I recall. Would sure love to see you at Sedalia again, my brother! :thumb:

I'll PM you..no need to take out front....:cool:

We're still not gonna commit to this event until we know 30 have signed up and paid. Word of mouth isn't gonna work for us with our tight schedule.

jeff i am comming and my brother in law the whole family is comming i need the app i have been e mailing chris and no responce my fax # is 636-239-0989 if you could pass it on to him i will get the check sent out
we would like to come up thr night and stay tilll sunday morning
that is where i stand :doh::becky::becky:

jeff i am comming and my brother in law the whole family is comming i need the app i have been e mailing chris and no responce my fax # is 636-239-0989 if you could pass it on to him i will get the check sent out
we would like to come up thr night and stay tilll sunday morning
that is where i stand :doh::becky::becky:
Here is the website mobluesandbbq.com. Don't think you can stay Thursday night, we tried that last year. Here is the entry form.

Attachments

• 2010entry(2).pdf
    93.8 KB · Views: 4
We're still not gonna commit to this event until we know 30 have signed up and paid. Word of mouth isn't gonna work for us with our tight schedule.

Is Mr. Big time to good to compete with the little guys?:boxing: I hope he gets 30!

Talked to Chris this weekend and he said that he has 23 paid entries so far. That doesn't count mine, Jeff's or Yorks, so it sounds like it will be a go.

Spicewine Ironworks will be there.

Payouts aren't that great, but there is alot of room to spread out. Hope to see you all there.

Spice

We've been there before. I find it odd that the payouts not on the KCBS website (as of Friday night anyway) and that its NOWHERE on their website.

Back