another first...for me

bigpaguy

Found some matches.
Reaction score
9 lb. butt thawed out and ready to go....

021.jpg

the obligatory mustard slather....

023.jpg

Rubbed with McCormick's Sweet 'n Smoky overnight...

026.jpg

On the CG Trio at 6:00 am Saturday..maintained temps between 200-250 for the most part...had some wind issues and some ash build up issues...

After 6 hours...

038.jpg

Just taken off and resting for an hour...

040.jpg

The moment of truth...

041.jpg

042.jpg

The Payoff!

043.jpg

Humbly submitted for your approval....

I approve!
Looks like youre well on your way, great looking plate.

Next time you have a pp sandwich try a scoop of coleslaw on top of the pork in the sandwich.
I enjoy that immensly.

bbqbull,
I understand that THAT is the way you eat bbq, in parts of Carolina at least. I did try it on a few bites and it was awesome.
My son-in-law is from the Carolinas and wanted to steal all of my sauce! He said it was as good as any he had had there as a kid...not that I am taking credit for being all that...but I was glad to hear it coming from him.....

I can't argue with results, but a nine pound butt in 6 hours at 250 degrees? What was the internal temp when you ook it off of the cooker?

RonL,

Im sorry, I left the total cook time out... Total cook time was just over 10 hours...it was 196 and change when I pulled it...and only pulled it then because I had to leave for a short time. Put it on at 6:00 am and pulled off at 4:20 pm

RonL,

Im sorry, I left the total cook time out... Total cook time was just over 10 hours...it was 196 and change when I pulled it...and only pulled it then because I had to leave for a short time. Put it on at 6:00 am and pulled off at 4:20 pm

That makes more sense :-D

Back