• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoked Chicken and Eggplant Curry Pie

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
So Landarc chose a 4 ingredient contest for the Throwdown last week. You had to use chicken, lime and dough in a tube. The 4th ingredient had to be either eggplant, tofu or peanuts. I chose eggplant and tossed in chopped peanuts for good measure.

The curry sauce for the pie was from a recipe I came up with for a marinade awhile back, and I tweaked it a bit:

Note: All spoon measurements are "Heaping"

Sauce

3 tbs extra hot Indian chili powder (Heat level about 30K Sc.)
2 tbs curry powder
1 tbs + 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup red wine vinegar and
1/4 cup balsamic
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice from two limes 2 tbs molasses
6 chopped green onions

Heated liquids with onion up to a boil then stirred in dry til dissolved and put on simmer for about an hour to reduce (to about 2/3) and thicken. Let cool for a few minutes then added an 6 oz carton of plain Greek yogurt then into the fridge.

HOT!

I rubbed some chicken breasts with Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy, then smoked to 160 internal. The eggplant was dipped in evoo then sprinkled with sea salt and cracked pepper and grilled.

These went into pie shells using crescent roll sheets as the dough with sauce, eggplant, chicken, more sauce, feta cheese, honey, chopped peanuts and real maple syrup drizzled on top (all in that order).

Did a lattice on one. Then These were baked in the kettle at about 400 degrees til the pie shells were cooked and browned. Served with a dill yogurt and sour cream sauce. This complimented the spicy heat of the pie very well. All in all, I was very happy with this dish. Thanks for looking!
mix.jpg

chix.jpg

rubbed.jpg

smoked.jpg

eggplant-2.jpg

sliced.jpg

grill.jpg

grilled.jpg

diced.jpg

shell.jpg

pietwo.jpg

cooked-1.jpg

yogurt.jpg

plated-1-1.jpg

Very tasty indeed!

Last edited:
It was really quite tasty, sweet and spicy...but it made Guerry sweat bullets due to the heat! I was very impressed with his creativity and the fact that it did turn out so well.:becky:

Nice interpretation Guerry, not quite a mess, but, good to see you move back towards your personal plating style :p

WOW! Awesome lookin' pies Guerry!!!!

I wouldn't just hit that, I'd tackle it and wrestle it to the ground if I had to! Looks really tasty! :thumb:

Back