THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Seeing all the Tri-Tip threads made me hungry so I cooked up another one. (Same way as before)

Indirect for 20 minutes each side at 300 degree dome temp.

IMG_3519.jpg

Direct for 5 minutes each side at 450 degree dome temp.

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3521.jpg

Let it rest for 15 minutes in foil and then slice it up.

IMG_3528.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg

Mucho Bueno! :hungry:

Thanks for looking.

Awseome post. Thanks for sharing. I would have thought all that time on the grill would have made it more well done, but that finished product looks perfect.

Awseome post. Thanks for sharing. I would have thought all that time on the grill would have made it more well done, but that finished product looks perfect.
This is the 3rd Tri-Tip I’ve done this way so I know exactly how to get it to turn out same way each time. To clarify the details of the cook and my setup:

1. The meat was prepared first with a little fresh ground sea salt, then fresh ground pepper, then some whiskey steak seasoning and finally some rosemary flakes. I wrapped in stretch wrap and let this rest in the fridge overnight.
2. I had the lump mounded in the front of the kamado and you can see that the meat was in the back for indirect cooking.
3. I did it 20 minutes (40 total) per side. (I probably didn’t need to flip it)
4. The internal temperature is the important part and 40 minutes (give or take a few) on my setup gives me an IT of 115. Your setup may yield a different time so just monitor the IT and you’re good. You could also smoke it longer at a lower temp or shorter at a higher temp so long as you achieve 115 IT.

Hope this helps.

Back