Recipe Software

Kevin

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
:?:
Does anyone have a prefered software program for storing recipes? I've got about 20 three ring binders full of my notes and recipes and it's about impossible to find what I'm looking for. I know I could just use a dbase program, but was looking for something preformatted.

Kevin

I use one called Cook 'n 2000 - I believe they have a newer version. I like it not only for storing recipes but I can scale them.

I got a decent one called "Now Your Cooking" where you can create all sorts of different cookbooks, download formatted recipes off the Internet and load them in the software. You can also re-scale recipes larger or smaller and type in your own. It can plan your shopping list for a particular meal. Anyway, I use it a lot.

Re: RE: Recipe Software

icemn62 said:
Try looking at this. Don't know if there is a better priced version on the market, but this should do just about everything you are ooing for.

http://www.dvo.com/gindex.html?CID=software_overture

That's the update of what I use - I've got the Cook 'n 2000 version. I like it for the entry and scaling.

The recipes included are ok but nothing I use very much - most of what I have are restaurant recipes I entered from when I was a kitchen manager and didn't want to forget or lose my pocket notebooks.

RE: Re: RE: Recipe Software

I have Now you're Cooking (NYC) and its pretty good... there are a lot of recipes on the web that can be imported into it.

Back