Assassin Almost ready

japerry01

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Mine hits the paint booth today. Anyone care to share any thoughts or tips? Maybe seasoning methods?

Thanks.

Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago. They'll include instructions on seasoning it. Basically spray the inside down with oil and then run it a few hours between 200-300. I'm still struggling to get it up to temperature quickly, but beyond that it's been awesome so far.

I got mine late last year and have been loving it.

Make sure you get a some foil trays to clip underneath it to catch the grease.

You may also wish to put a mat in front of it as well. When you pull the grates out with meat on them, grease tends to drip off there as well.

Enjoy! Jeff and Robin are awesome.

Congrats! Kevin of Superior has a Youtube video for seasoning and startup of an SS3...basically an Assassin.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNXPs-V0AgE"]Superior Smokers: How to Season your Cooker - YouTube[/ame]

Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago. They'll include instructions on seasoning it. Basically spray the inside down with oil and then run it a few hours between 200-300. I'm still struggling to get it up to temperature quickly, but beyond that it's been awesome so far.
Try using a weed burner to heat the inside of the cooker. It will decrease the time it takes to get to temp.

Back