***Vote - BBQ Brethren "BBQ Meat Breakfast" Throwdown!- VOTE***

Who should be declared the winner of the BBQ Brethren "BBQ Meat Breakfast" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the BBQ Brethren ”BBQ Meat Breakfast" Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Monday, May 19th.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name or picture for more pics/info on the entries.

[post=2907892]Dauvis
2ljt5qq.jpg
[/post]

[post=2908668]oifmarine2003
photo36_zpsdc78b2a9.jpg
[/post]

[post=2911731]deguerre
plate_zpsa96d607d.jpg
[/post]

[post=2912601]Kathys Smokin
V0jf1Z.jpg
[/post]

[post=2914434]buzz53
attachment.php
[/post]

[post=2914995]Enrico
14154103281_4cdf2811a3_c.jpg
[/post]

[post=2915570]DerHusker
13970863368_6b3d5de3ba_b.jpg
[/post]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a sucker for runny yolks...but it was the pan-fried brisket slices that broke the tie for me!

Husker, care to enlighten me? What's the difference between a Sonoran Enchilada and chilaquiles?

Husker, care to enlighten me? What's the difference between a Sonoran Enchilada and chilaquiles?

They both use many of the same ingredients but are put together in different ways.
My dish differs from an authentic Sonoran Enchilada in that I didn’t fry the tortillas and I actually used standard tortillas. Real Sonoran Enchiladas use a thicker tortilla, which are more like, say a fried pancake. (see pic below) Also they traditionally come with a rojo sauce.
img_1145.jpg

I would describe chilaquiles more as a tortilla chip casserole. To make chilaquiles you start with standard tortilla chips as a base layer and add ingredients and then baked. Think of nachos on steroids.

Deguerre's has my vote.
I've got great memories of waking up to a plate like that at my Gramps house when I was little.
Is it the weekend yet?

BBQ meats throwdown, all are great enties!!!! as I looked at the meats, I thought the French Toast in Kathys Smokn's entry was scrapple, she almost had my vote. But then something about Enrico's bacon and grilled tomato that just screams my name....

BBQ meats throwdown, all are great enties!!!! as I looked at the meats, I thought the French Toast in Kathys Smokn's entry was scrapple, she almost had my vote. But then something about Enrico's bacon and grilled tomato that just screams my name....

As a photograph, Enrico's is my favorite, hands down. It has mystery, charm and tension all at once.

Another tough vote, lots of great entries. In the end I had to go with my favorite breakfast when camping (fried brisky or brisky hash) and since I'll be camping in about a week it's on my to do list. :thumb:

Back