The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Phubar's Quick 'n Easy BBQ Glaze/Sauce (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151033)

Phubar 01-07-2013 11:14 AM

Phubar's Quick 'n Easy BBQ Glaze/Sauce

I wanted to put this up bePhore Christmas and NYE but I totally Phorgot.

-yellow mustard (for the "zing")
-brown sugar (for the sweetness)
-Worcestershire sauce (for the 1001 ingredients that are in there)

I normally take a bunch of the sugar,add less mustard and add enouPh Wooster sauce till it gets saucy...don't be shy with the Wooster sauce.

This works very well as a glaze on some seasoned meat...for a BBQ sauce it's still good but maybe you have to add some extra salt and pepper to it.

I've tried it on beePh,pork,chicken,wildboar and salmon...it all works out for me.

Give it a try if you haven't done it yet.

gtr 01-07-2013 11:21 AM

And I'm guessing you can get Phreaky with different types of mustard. :thumb:

Phubar 01-07-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtr (Post 2320077)
And I'm guessing you can get Phreaky with different types of mustard. :thumb:

I guess you can but I've only tried it with American yellow mustard and the Dutch cheapest yellow mustard.
You can also get Phreaky with other spices but you have to try out the 3 ingredients mentioned above Phirst...trust me G.!:thumb:

deguerre 01-07-2013 11:37 AM

I'm game! I've done mustard (Made from powder 1/2 n 1/2 water until heat level is reached) soy, vinegar and sugar before so why the heck not? Yeller mustard and worsy it is. Really can't go wrong with that combo.

Ole Man Dan 01-07-2013 12:39 PM

That's a great Glaze.

For Beef I tried a modified version of this glaze.
I added a cup of coffee mixed with the Worcestershire Sauce...
(I tend to add coffee to lots of my recipes)
Coffee and Beef Broth work pretty well injected in Beef.
BBQ Sauce cut with Coffee is pretty good too.

People who don't stay 'Wired' from drinking Coffee may not
like the addition of Coffee. I don't tell em what I use...
They don't know what it is but they like it. :shocked: :razz:

fingerlickin' 01-07-2013 12:52 PM

Sounds good, but I really want to know more about the flavor profile. Could you please list the 1001 ingredients in Woosty sauce for me quick? :-P

deguerre 01-07-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fingerlickin' (Post 2320174)
Sounds good, but I really want to know more about the flavor profile. Could you please list the 1001 ingredients in Woosty sauce for me quick? :-P

The only ingredient that will concern you is...anchovie.:razz:

fingerlickin' 01-07-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 2320181)
The only ingredient that will concern you is...anchovie.:razz:

I know right? Luckily the bottle of worcestershire sauce looks nothing like an actual fish. Helps with my anxiety. There's a local bar here that makes the best house dressing on the planet. I've determined there's gotta be anchovie in there too, but fark is it good.

tish 01-07-2013 02:40 PM

I'm gonna try this because I love the taste of sweet mixed with mustard. I dip my ribs in SBR's and Carolina mustard sauce mixed together. The addition of woosty and it's 1001 ingredients is genius, Phubie. Thanks! :thumb: