The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   chicken breasts (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161300)

Resesgrill 05-20-2013 06:39 AM

chicken breasts

i have a banquet of 100 for this saturday,i will be doing smoked chicken breast w/a butter garlic sauce,does anybody have any pointers on how to keep the chicken moist while having to travel and reheat them with chaffin dishes once i get there.

jlester710 05-20-2013 11:13 AM

you would need to clarify a few things first.

1) How far in advance are you cooking the birds? Typically I try to have the chix finished just before I have to leave for the event to prevent them from drying out and having to quickly get them back up to temp...

2) How long will it take for you to get to the event?

3) How are you transporting the food? If using a Cambro pan carrier, the temp will hold for up to 4 hours (as long as you prep the carrier first). Also plastic wrap over the pan followed by foil will keep the heat in therefor "steaming" it, only issue is if they are wrapped like that for too long you will risk too much condensation in the pan.

4) Are you saucing before you leave or at the event?

Resesgrill 05-21-2013 12:15 AM

i will be cooking it right before i leave so the breast should get done about 4p,i will have about a 20 min drive to the banquet hall where i could possibly keep in the oven on warm.i am transporting just in aluminum pans,i plan to sauce at event

Sauce Dog 05-21-2013 11:44 PM

At the very least you can put the pans in insulated coolers, even if you have to put them in half pans to fit. All it takes is a little traffic, and then you risk cooling with just exposed pans. There are often cheap cambro hot boxes on craigs.

cynfulsmokersbbq 05-22-2013 01:33 PM

We have transported bird at this distance.
Take them off the smoker, place in foil pans right away, cover the foil pan with a foil pan cover. Place in a insulated cooler, stack pans if possible, cover up with towels, and they will stay hot for your serving for a couple hours.

toadhunter911 05-23-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cynfulsmokersbbq (Post 2489854)
Take them off the smoker, place in foil pans right away, cover the foil pan with a foil pan cover. Place in a insulated cooler, stack pans if possible, cover up with towels, and they will stay hot for your serving for a couple hours.

This is how I would do it...

Goddahavit 05-24-2013 06:16 AM

Ok, i'll be the party pooper, in pa what your saying requires a catering license, and a certified kitchen.
Anyway...
I think people covered the transport, but chafing dishes are not for reheating. they keep food warm.

Hope your event goes well.

Resesgrill 05-24-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goddahavit (Post 2491913)
Ok, i'll be the party pooper, in pa what your saying requires a catering license, and a certified kitchen.
Anyway...
I think people covered the transport, but chafing dishes are not for reheating. they keep food warm.

Hope your event goes well.

DID U ASSUME I DONT HAVE ONE???:doh:

Resesgrill 05-28-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cynfulsmokersbbq (Post 2489854)

thanks for the advice this worked just fine!