• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Question About Chicken, Ribs & Filet Mignon

papitman

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Doing baby backs tomorrow and need some advice. What temp and how long, and at what time do you wrap?????

Chicken: How would you guys smoke chicken breats, drumsticks???

And has anyone ever smoked a whole pc of filet minon????

At what temp does your pit run the best? This will determine the time needed to get your ribs done.

I cook my chicken at about 300*F. If you want a smoke taste make sure you have plenty of wood in your charcoal.

I have cooked a whole tenderloin on a UDS. Smoked to about 120*F internal temp, took it off and let it rest for 10 minutes. I'll see if I can find the thread it is in.

I have an electric smoker and I have done baby backs several ways and my favorite is to smoke the ribs for 3 hours at 220, then I pull them and wrap with foil and put back in for 2-1/2 hours and let rest for 30 minutes wrapped. It is difficult to pull a bone out with some meat still stuck to it. This is the way I like it. Sometime I pull the ribs out after 1-1/2 hours from the foil and put them on the gill with a sauce. It just depends on the mood.

just my .02 but if you cut that filet in bout 1.5 in slabs and sear your well on the way to heaven

I agree ^^^
I'm just never going to smoke a filet mignon, out of respect for what that cut can be.
Raw-carpaccio/rare-seared medallions.
I draw the line thereafter.

I agree ^^^
I'm just never going to smoke a filet mignon, out of respect for what that cut can be.
Raw-carpaccio/rare-seared medallions.
I draw the line thereafter.

I like doing it on the smoker. It gives it a different dimension. You do not take it past 120*F. It is still a great meal.

I never smoke filet's...Just a quick sear. If it can't be revived by a good vet, it ain't worth eatin'.

I should clarify. When I smoke a "filet", it is the whole tenderloin, not just one steak. So it is more like Chateau Briand.

At what point would I give chicken a butter bath then at what point do I take them out and get them a nice golden color????

If you have not made a commitment on the bird, I recommend spatchcock chicken especially if your cooker likes to run about 300. The bird will take less time than the ribs but saves handling breast and drummies that will cook differently.
I have never smoked a tenderloin but am with Bucc until I get bored with a good sear...

Make sure you bring back some Pr0n however it goes! Have lots of fun!!:-D

Back