BBQ finger foods

Jeff Therrell

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have a catering job next week for finger foods for 110 people at the Chamber of Commerce get together. They want sliders and chicken wings. What other items could we fix, any suggestions?
Thanks, Jeff
Sweetfire BBQ

Grilled melon wedges wrapped in pharma ham ( chunked cantaloupe works well) drizzle with light honey and a light dusting of sesame seeds. Looks beautiful,taste great and adds some fruit meeting conventional finger food expectations.

Heat them ever so slightly remembering the ham and fruit really doesn't require cooking.

You could skip the honey and use agave nectar.

Take sheets of puff pastry and bake them , just before finished drizzle with a rich BBQ sauce , finely minced salami and shake over some bacon dust. Flat bread will work easier and cut cleaner if you are looking for uniformity.
Google up a flat bread recipe it's so easy to make in fact we do ours and ad in a bit of tomato to complete the pizza flair. Your guest will blaze through them...... And it's inexpensive.

++ on all of the above...

Mini Ribs - have the butcher cut baby back ribs in half, then smoke them as normal. Usually just a bite or two and not as messy as spares, nor as big as a full baby back rib.

Mini tomato pies...
DSC_0067-1.jpg

I like MOINK balls, but don't LOVE them. However, when I make them for parties and gatherings, the disappear. Plus, you can advance prep them and toss them on the smoker for a pretty quick smoke and cook.

CD

Ok call me stupid, what is a moink and how do you make it.
Thanks guys I'm very new to cooking for a living. I got the trailer thing down pat but everybody's wanting catering now and I've never had to do this before so thanks for all the help.
Thanks, Jeff
Sweetfire BBQ

Thanks guys I'm very new to cooking for a living. I got the trailer thing down pat but everybody's wanting catering now and I've never had to do this before so thanks for all the help.
Thanks, Jeff
Sweetfire BBQ

You have insurance and a food cert right? If you are cooking for the COC I highly suggest it.
Being new as you say to this plan on keeping it all simple and a few extra hands would be beneficial.

Back