The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dr_KY builds again... (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35743)

DaChief 01-11-2008 07:36 AM

Looking good Dr KY. Keep the updates coming. I'm interested to see how this one turns out!

Browser 01-11-2008 07:37 AM

Thee's nothing wrong with it, KY simply lives in a country with a civilised measurement standard, that's all:wink::biggrin:

KY, I'd do as suggested above, weld up the two open sides and make one/two charcoal baskets. If you were nearer I'd offer to buzz 'em together for you:grin:

p.s. becasue I am a sad anorak, I Googled 'How many countries use imperial measurements?' and Yahoo came up with the answer:

"Three countries have not officially adopted the International System of Units as their primary or sole system of measurement: Liberia, Myanmar and the United States."

You're in some fabulous company there gents!:biggrin:

Norcoredneck 01-11-2008 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Browser (Post 534520)
Thee's nothing wrong with it, KY simply lives in a country with a civilised measurement standard, that's all:wink::biggrin:

KY, I'd do as suggested above, weld up the two open sides and make one/two charcoal baskets. If you were nearer I'd offer to buzz 'em together for you:grin:

p.s. becasue I am a sad anorak, I Googled 'How many countries use imperial measurements?' and Yahoo came up with the answer:

"Three countries have not officially adopted the International System of Units as their primary or sole system of measurement: Liberia, Myanmar and the United States."

You're in some fabulous company there gents!:biggrin:

Noticed you knew where to go for technical info on important things like building UDS!:biggrin: Good old American ingenuity, 1/16 at a time! We dont sell grams of meat!

Divemaster 01-11-2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norcoredneck (Post 534537)
Noticed you knew where to go for technical info on important things like building UDS!:biggrin: Good old American ingenuity, 1/16 at a time! We dont sell grams of meat!

Got that right Brother!!!!

Mark 01-11-2008 12:26 PM

A better idea yet is to make it into a rotisserie basket to smoke dry peppers, etc.

I'd farking buy something like that.

Browser 01-11-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norcoredneck (Post 534537)
Noticed you knew where to go for technical info on important things like building UDS!:biggrin: Good old American ingenuity, 1/16 at a time! We dont sell grams of meat!


1/16th at a time? Pah! You crude knocker-together of ill-fitted goods you:tongue: What are you building, a very leaky leaky thing? I work in fractions of a millimetre, fractions, d'you hear?:biggrin:




(Which is probably why it's taking me so flippin' long:redface:)

Norcoredneck 01-12-2008 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Browser (Post 534757)
1/16th at a time? Pah! You crude knocker-together of ill-fitted goods you:tongue: What are you building, a very leaky leaky thing?


I see you have been admiring my creations! Hammer and a rubber, only two tools I need. If you can't fix it with a hammer then Fark it!:cool:.

Browser 01-12-2008 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norcoredneck (Post 535352)
Hammer and a rubber, only two tools I need. If you can't fix it with a hammer then Fark it!:cool:.

The images this statement brings to mind do not bear repeating to anyone, especially not those of a delicate disposition:eek::-D

Dr_KY 01-12-2008 09:21 AM

It's not a smoker unless it smokes and I'm having trouble getting it to draw...


http://i8.tinypic.com/8bhky0z.jpg

Any ideas whats going wrong? :|

Beerwolf 01-12-2008 10:56 AM

Over packed bowl?

N8man 01-12-2008 11:03 AM

Needs a new brass screen? Stem Clogged?

Dr_KY 01-12-2008 07:14 PM

Doing a second burn and including a spare lid this time.

http://i18.tinypic.com/85e6ixf.jpg

http://i8.tinypic.com/6o482nm.jpg

Dr_KY 01-16-2008 11:07 AM

More free stuff.
Just placed the bolts in the sides for the grill.

http://i8.tinypic.com/7xwcbdh.jpg

Test fitting the grill, needs triming still..

http://i7.tinypic.com/6k5s0mr.jpg

Mesh for the fire basket measures 6'' x 36''

http://i14.tinypic.com/8bthzr5.jpg

wlh3 01-16-2008 11:12 AM

This will be interesting to see how the thick walls on this cooker will do against the UDS thin wall but more volume. Keep us posted Dr. KY:icon_bigsmil

Dr_KY 01-16-2008 11:28 AM

Will do, the temps are going to be a bit here and there due to volume so I'll start with fewer coles if I can find any around here this time of year. I'll also be on the mad hunt for wood. I told meself I would be cooking in it this weekend finished or not. lol Wait till you see the ghetto fire basket mod. lmao!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.