The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   October 21 - NYC BBQ Class (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21206)

BrooklynQ 09-28-2006 05:29 PM

NYC BBQ Class

Paul Kirk will be teaching a BBQ class on Saturday October 21st
at the Water Taxi Beach
Long Island City
Queens, New York

$250 per person.
you supply cookers, fuel and cooking implements
we provide the rest

Registration and money due by October 12th.

Contact BrooklynQ or Backyardchef ASAP - space limited

Yup - it's happening! Really. I mean it.

backyardchef 09-28-2006 05:53 PM

Water Taxi Beach is located in Long Island City, right on the Hudson River. In the warmer months there is a tiki bar/hamburger stand and all year round there is an incredible view of the Manhattan Skyline. As you can see from this picture. http://static.flickr.com/80/22261074...06f767.jpg?v=0

There will be plenty of room for us all and it's easy to get there (the website has directions via several modes of transport).

Click Here For The Water Taxi Beach Website

Anyone that would like to come but doesn't have a pit to bring, please get in touch with us. Anyone else, get in touch with either of us with any questions.

A little more about the class
This class is suited for the back yard BBQ enthusiast, the seasoned competitor, or those considering opening a BBQ joint (restaurant). The Baron will cover the basics of BBQing Brisket, Pork Butt, Pork Ribs, Chicken, and Sausage. He will also cover fire management, fuels, BBQ rubs and spices, BBQ sauce, contest presentation, among many other subjects.

RichardF 09-28-2006 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynQ
Paul Kirk will be teaching a BBQ class on Saturday October 21st
at the Water Taxi Beach
Long Island City
Queens, New York

$250 per person.
you supply cookers, fuel and cooking implements
we provide the rest

Registration and money due by October 12th.

Contact BrooklynQ or Backyardchef ASAP - space limited

Yup - it's happening! Really. I mean it.

Bring your cooker and fuel, but leave your foil at home because the Baron don't use no Texas Crutch...

backyardchef 09-28-2006 06:59 PM

It's going to start pretty early-- probably around 7 or so, and end around 7pm. That's still t.b.d, but I expect it will be something like that.

backyardchef 09-29-2006 01:14 PM

Entry Form For Paul Kirk Class October 21

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the form.....it is also available by clicking here under "Paul Kirk Class Oct 21"

drumfreak 09-30-2006 10:35 PM

Sounds great. I am psyched.

Wine & Swine 10-03-2006 12:03 PM

I am hoping to attend, but I don't really have a smoker to bring. Would it be possible to team up with someone?

John

backyardchef 10-03-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wine & Swine
I am hoping to attend, but I don't really have a smoker to bring. Would it be possible to team up with someone?

John

Hi John--

You can also bring a weber kettle or something like that-- but we expect to have a couple of large-ish smokers on hand for people that might not be able to bring something. Not a problem!

--Matt

Wine & Swine 10-03-2006 03:55 PM

Thanks Matt, I am still trying to work out being out on another Saturday from the restaurant and convince the wife it is the best way for me to spend our anniversary. Hopefully I can make it work, it sounds great.

Sawdustguy 10-03-2006 06:45 PM

Any Long Island Brethren going to the class??

Sledneck 10-03-2006 06:56 PM

.........maybe

drumfreak 10-03-2006 11:04 PM

I might do it too. Anybody else..... We need 25 students to make this happen

Wine & Swine 10-04-2006 11:26 AM

I would be 100% if it was on a Sunday. What a great opportunity to learn from one of best.

BBQ_MAFIA 10-04-2006 07:56 PM

I can't make it this time around as I have a catering deal on the 21st.
If the date changes at the last min. let me know, I really would like to attend.

MilitantSquatter 10-04-2006 08:22 PM

Can't attend.. Being out all day is not gonna fly (wife's birthday) and it was a bit short notice... I would have loved for this to be in the early springtime...

BYC & BQ deserve credit for getting this together for all that can attend. A great opportunity..