The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Low Sodium/Low fat Q? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8109)

chad 04-29-2004 12:10 PM

Quote:

Might explain his lack of posting, lifted out
Nope! :D

I've had to limit time on-line at work (boo hiss!).

Also, some of the threads have just lost their appeal (I know: sounds like the dentist in M*A*S*H (the Painless Pole) when he said poker was "just a game").

I check and post every day!! :mrgreen:

Cuelio 04-29-2004 12:46 PM

Jorge,

Hang in there, bro. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Cue is a way of life, whether you're cueing a salmon or a fatty. I need to veer towards the leaner cuts because of my diet. I'll just let the fruit juice and mops do the job of keeping things wet. My MD let me know that basically, if I didn't loose weight now, I could expect to live no more than up to age 62-65. That's when all of my male relatives from my mother's side drop off from massive heart attacks. I seem to have those guys's stats. Back in Feb I weighed in at 302lbs. Now I'm down to 257lbs. I'm only 5'8", so my target weight is 160 to 170 - got me a long way to go! But my cholesterol is now the lowest of my brothers. It used to be the highest.

Assuming that your dad's MD is o.k. with it, the walking is a great idea, IMHO. New Balance is right! Great walking shoes. Get in there with him, whether you need it or not. Having my family in my diet with me has made the change in lifestyle not only possible, but relatively easy. I'm surpirsed of the talks that my wife and I wind up having while we walk.

If you can, give us a progress report. We're rooting for your dad!

Bill-Chicago 04-29-2004 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cue'lio
Self-appointed conciglieri of the Brethren

I thought you said you were an astronomer?

Don't you miss Carl Sagan saying "Billions and Billions"

parrothead 04-29-2004 02:17 PM

Quote:

Having my family in my diet
Silence of the lambs mod

Cuelio 04-29-2004 02:25 PM

Quote:

Self-appointed conciglieri of the Brethren

I thought you said you were an astronomer?

Don't you miss Carl Sagan saying "Billions and Billions"
Nope, he said it too nasally. I can do it better. Besides, with the most recent advances in astronomy, we now know that he was a couple of billions off in his calculations.

Quote:

Having my family in my diet

Silence of the lambs mod
See what you did, farker!? Now I wet my pants!

brdbbq 04-29-2004 02:29 PM

Quote:

See what you did, farker!? Now I wet my pants!
Depends Mod

Jorge 04-29-2004 03:23 PM

Really appreciate the info and support. I'll be digging into it shortly. He will probably be coming home tomorrow. Thanks again!