The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Big Poppa Smokers (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Thanks Big Poppa Smokers (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155470)

IamMadMan 03-06-2013 06:58 AM

Thanks Big Poppa Smokers

I recently purchased 2) 5 lb bags of Apple rub from BPS.

I did not want to try or change the rub on my customers because I believe in absolute consistency in our food products.

However my son is going into the military and we had planned a surprise party to congratulate him on his choices in life and wish him well as he departs us to serve his country. I used the Apple Rub on the ribs and on the pork butts.

Simply Marvelous rubs hit the ball out of the park with the apple rub and now I am thinking of trying one of his other rubs at my grand-daughters birthday party to see what other surprises may be hiding in them.

My hats off to "Simply Marvelous" with a GREAT product, I'm sorry I didn't try it sooner, clearly it was my loss.

In the end I credit "Big Poppa Smokers" with his free shipping. That was the final temptation to make it easy for me to try this product.

Any suggestions on what rub I should try next?

jimbloomfield 03-06-2013 09:17 AM

Cherry or Sweet seduction

gtr 03-06-2013 09:24 AM

I can't really single any out. I always have one of each SM rub around and use whatever hits me at the moment.

deguerre 03-06-2013 09:34 AM

Sweet and Spicy is STILL Redhot's favorite of all of Steph's rubs. Not sure if I don't agree with that assesment either. It's one of those use on ANYTHING rubs.

IamMadMan 03-07-2013 06:01 AM

Thanks for the recommendations...

Look forward to trying another.

Big Poppa 03-09-2013 11:31 PM

Steph is the second best spice mixer...HAHAHAHAHA Seriously I love his stuff WE all do at BPS Thanks for the kind words!

silverfinger 03-09-2013 11:51 PM

Thanks Big Poppa Smokers

The sweet and spicy for pork.

big brother smoke 03-12-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Poppa (Post 2400646)
Steph is the second best spice mixer...HAHAHAHAHA Seriously I love his stuff WE all do at BPS Thanks for the kind words!

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

trohrs123 03-12-2013 04:17 AM

I tried the sweet and spicy on some oven roasted asparagus this weekend, the wife and I finished all 3 pounds by Saturday night. She thinks I'm a great cook.:wink:

smokinit 03-13-2013 01:48 PM

Just got mine in today along with some disposible cutting sheets tis the season thanks guys cant wait to try it this weekend on a practice cook.

kpq 04-04-2013 07:26 AM

WOW! is all i can say.just got my order fast,good old time good people to get my supplys from:thumb:i found a new home!

fingerlickin' 04-04-2013 11:26 AM

They are all exceptional. My favorite SM rub is the season all...wait, maybe it's cherry, or sweet and spicy. :grin: Do yourself a favor and get the sample pack and try them all. I actually think I like the pecan on pork butt better than any of the others.